HOT 10

Random & Fun / 1 day ago Back To Top

When are people going to stop worshiping

the state, celebrities, and sports athletes?

When are you going to wake up and realize Angelina Jolie or Julia Roberts isn't any more special on screen than watching the mating habits of manatees on the Discovery Channel?

...Or forking money over to sports athletes and supporting *everything* they do because they play ball very well; nevermind the puppy maiming, child punching or wife/gf murdering?

...Or depend on gov't to fix every problem we have even though they're the cause of most of them?

Fine if you don't believe in religion..but why use these as substitutes?

- Asked by jillopo, Female, 29-35, Dusseldorf, Other Profession
Family & Relationships / 1 day ago Back To Top

Should I text my stepdaughter on my husband's behalf?

My husband and his 16 y/o daughter had a BAD BAD fight about 2 months ago and there hasn't been any contact between them since. Well at least not any contact that was returned. After about a month my husband texted her when he was at this conference showing her a picture of what he got her. She immediately wrote back "Aww you didn't have to do that"and it went back and forth a few times and then he said "I love you and I'll always be here for you". Then, apparently not realizing who she was talking to, goes "Is this Charlie?" He replies with "This is your dad". She never texted back. So she was carrying on this conversation not knowing who she was talking to. Obviously she must have erased his number and name from her phone because previous to this it always showed up as him.

I have not had any contact with her since then either, but my husband has asked me to text her to start a conversation. I would text her occasionally before this went down while at work if bored, but other than that never really spoke with her unless she was visiting. She doesn't seem to have a problem with me, but I really don't want to have to be the intermediate. She has a huge problem with H and no matter what I say to her she isn't going to care. She has basically wiped him out of her life and seems perfectly happy with that. He wants me to see if I can get her to talk to him. I'm sure she'll see right through that. Hell, when I took her back to her mom's after the huge fight they had she kept saying "Why are you doing this? Is it because HE told you to do it?" She sees anything I do for her being done because HE told me to.

Should I try texting her to see if I get a response or just tell him that the problems are between them and he needs to find a way to get through to her?

Home Organizing & Cleaning / 1 day ago Back To Top

Question about granite countertops?

We Just moved in about a month ago. Sunday we made homemade chicken noodle soup. I left a measuring cup with the broth on the countertop overnight.Ttoday I noticed the counter soaked in the broth ,and now there is 3 dark spots on the counter. We had granite before ,and never had this issue. Did this new place forget to seal them? Also is there anyway to rid the counter of the stains?

- Asked by amberslogic, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?
Recipes & Food / 1 day ago Back To Top

What's your favourite thing to serve with pasta?

I got given a pasta machine for my birthday a few months ago and got all excited making pasta, I now have a surplus of fresh pasta in my freezer. I want to use it up so what do you suggest?

- Asked by psychoticbabe1, Female, 26-28, Other Profession
Random & Fun / 1 day ago Back To Top

bored in my life, what should I do?

Hello my friends,

I hesitated to write to you all and ask you for advice on how to get out of my loneliness and boredom in life. I'm 42, single, and work for myself. However, I'm always broke, and don't have enough money to go out and enjoy myself. My friends are all busy doing their own things, and I can't keep calling them all the time. I tried to be in relationship, but I don't know how I always manage to attract those who rely on me to pay for their dinner whenever we go out. Or those who just want to have fun and not settle.
What would you do if you were in my shoes?
:)

- Asked by left2000, Female, 36-45, London, Teaching
Random & Fun / 1 day ago Back To Top

What are some coping mechanisms to deal with constant rejection?

After a divorce and attempting dating and looking for a new career I have to constantly put myself out there to strangers or reach out to people I know for help in finding a career and all I get are rejections, after having gone through a divorce it makes it that much more challenging to deal with as I've already lost most everything and don't have a confident place to come home to. Obviously I've given up on dating or love at this point which I hate to do but I just don't have anything to offer, but I can't give up on the job search even though I want to.

Random & Fun / 1 day ago Back To Top

I have a question why do guys reach out to girls they haven't seen in years?

I can't help but feel like maybe they are casting net and seeing what they can get. For example a guy added me as a friend and then messaged me saying "your stunning as always, how has life been to you?"

I haven't see this acquaintance in probably 25 years. Life has not been good and if I were ever stunning now I'm certain I'm not, which really isn't a secret in the small town I've grown up in.

While I appreciate people's kindness I can't help but feel more like a charity case when such random approaches and false statements are made.

How can I at least give off the impression I'm doing well to cease these well intentioned attempts to make me feel better when they have the opposite effect? As I just want to crawl in a hole and not be noticed as I know my life didn't turn out well.

Weight & Wellness / 1 day ago Back To Top

Do you or anyone you know own a nutribullet? They have a Pro 900 watt one also. Are they good for

making smoothies ? What other uses? What do you think?

- Asked by travelchic, Female, 29-35, Self-Employed