HOT 10

Random & Fun / 2 days ago Back To Top

Not just a gun. A little girl with a gun.

What do you think about kids using guns, even under the supervision of their parents and a trained Arms professional?

- Asked by suzyscorp, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?
Random & Fun / 1 day ago Back To Top

Are you famous or infamous

on Answerology?

- Asked by wetwired, Female, 29-35, Vancouver, Who Cares?
Weight & Wellness / 2 days ago Back To Top

Do you think you're aging well?

Or that you will? I've been sick the last week and I swear I looked 40 today :-(

Other than that, I do okay.

Update: August 28, 2014.
Oh for goodness sakes. My skin is a little dryer and fine lines more evident because I am dehydrated and tired. As I am often told I look young for my years, 40 seemed a good pick. I doubt it would have mattered if I picked 50 or 60 as a nominal figure people would still get their knickers in a twist.

- POP'd by cam80, Female, 29-35

I did not know Diane Sawyer was 68...

What the hell does it take to look like THAT at 68? She looks better than some 30-somethings.

Is it money, facelifts, genetics, and personal trainers?

- Asked by jillopo, Female, 29-35, Dusseldorf, Other Profession
Random & Fun / 1 day ago Back To Top

I'm going to Connecticut this October with..

my husband and at least one of our daughters.

I've never been there.

He's arranging a nice house on the beach via VRBO and some interesting places to visit.

He mentioned Newport, Rhode Island and some other places like Mystic, CT and maybe Martha's Vin-yawd and Cape Cod but those are pretty far apart in regard to driving aren't they?

Have you ever been to Connecticut?

It sounds nice and I'm sure it's lovely and I think the reason the rental houses are about half the price in October is due to hurricane season.

That's alright.
I've been through hurricanes and it's not like hurricanes sneak-up on you.

Nice beaches? Lighthouses? Good food?

Update: August 29, 2014.
Thanks all. It sounds better than I expected! My husband's family is there and we'll see them. We're going in OCT because that's Little Missy's fall break from school. I don't think we'll be swimming. ;)

- Asked by jenny12, Female, 46-55, Other Profession
Random & Fun / 2 days ago Back To Top

do brand names of clothes mean a lot to you and do you go out of your way to buy those brands?

have a guy friend that swore by Carhartt until he found that they didn't make as much of their stuff as he thought in the U.S.A.....

- Asked by coco, Female, 36-45, Charlotte, Technical

I did not know Diane Sawyer was 68...

Random & Fun / 2 days ago Back To Top

What advice would you give your younger self?

Youth is wasted on the young. lol I sometimes wish I could go back and tell my younger self so many things.

- Asked by michellekia, Female, 36-45, St.Louis, Other Profession
Weight & Wellness / 1 day ago Back To Top

Have you heard that scientist may have a cure for food allergies?

The team found that young children overexposed to antibiotics were at greater risk of developing food allergies. Thankfully, though, they also discovered a way to combat the impact of antibiotics, which, theoretically, could potentially cure people of their food allergies.

The research: The study, published this month in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, suggests a strong link between food allergies and early childhood use of antibiotics. Researchers were able to identify a naturally occurring bacteria in the human gut that keeps people from developing food allergies. But it turns out that the beneficial gut bacteria diminished with frequent antibiotic use at a young age - making children more susceptible to food allergies later in life.

The researchers tested their hypothesis by feeding antibiotics to young mice and discovered that they were more likely to develop peanut sensitivity than the control group.

The solution: After being fed a healthy dose of antibiotics, the mice were introduced to a solution containing Clostridia - the positive bacteria that naturally occurs in mammalian guts - and lo and behold, the mice's sensitivity went away. They were no longer allergic.

The research "opens up new territory" and "extends the frontier of how the microbiome is involved" in immune responses, Martin Blaser, an infectious disease specialist and microbiologist at NYU, told Science.

What does this mean? Food allergies have been on the rise in recent decades, having increased by 50% just between 1997 and 2011. If, as this new research suggests, modern society's dependence on antibiotics is the chief reason for this increase, we should be thankful for the study's potential breakthrough.

- Asked by philosopher1, Female, 46-55
Random & Fun / 2 days ago Back To Top

when was the last time someone tried to woo you?

I'm talking flowers, texts, presents....
just got flowers... delivered... and been getting text...

Random & Fun / 2 days ago Back To Top

do you donate money to your alma Mata when they call looking for donations???

I made the mistake of donating last year when my school was going to cut the men's golf team... and that must have put me on the list of suckers because I get a call every week for more money from one group or another....