HOT 10

Family & Relationships / 1 day ago Back To Top

Seriously!!! Stop friggin calling me to "talk" on the phone!!

People need to realize that single parents of young children (or parents alone with children) cannot sit and BS with you about nonsense! Not happening! Talking on the phone in between whining, crying, "can you get me.... Mom I need...Mom I want...He just hit me..." Blah blah blah. I don't talk on the phone! Text me...I can multitask that!!!!

- Asked by mtate0217, Female, 36-45, Los Angeles, Administrative
Home Organizing & Cleaning / 1 day ago Back To Top

If I'm acting as a housekeeper, should I be obligated to pay rent?

A little while ago, I lost my job and needed a place to stay to get on my feet. My then boyfriend opened his small apartment to me, which I really appreciate. As a courtesy, I offer him a small amount of rent of about $100-200 monthly and buy most of the groceries, even though mind you, I moved in to get on my feet. I also clean up the apartment, which is tough because he is a complete and total slob.

I don'd mind and actually expect to do my part as a showing of gratitude. But I find myself having to pick up after him if he drops stuff on the floor or leaves things laying out. And there is a big hygiene problem. I clean the toilet for him after he leaves shit on the toilet seat and wipe blood off of the sink after he's brushed his teeth or given himself a medical injection.

I told him that he will need to be more conscientious of me being there. I'm working hard to get out as soon as possible but at this time have no where else to go. I think he takes advantage of this and makes me feel like I owe him, even sex. He has even requested that I pay half of the rent, even though that is more than what I paid at the last place before I lost my job, and he thinks I should just clean up after him.

It doesn't help that at 40+ he is a mama's boy. He is used to her doing things for him and she has told me in so many words, that it is my role.

Is this right? What would you do in this situation?

I just got hired somewhere else and will be in a position to leave in a few months. But in the meantime, should I just shut up and deal with it, or put my foot down?

I remember being in a position to let a good friend live with me for free when he was in between jobs. He stayed with me for over a year and didn't offer me a dime and I wouldn't have expected him too, as he was in a bind. Its funny that now that I need a hand, I have an exboyfriend who takes advantage of that.

Random & Fun / 1 day ago Back To Top

Does anyone know what day

the world series starts? Thank you all to.

- Asked by ozzycat19, Female, 46-55
Random & Fun / 1 day ago Back To Top

Name an old love song that just gets to you? Oh I have a few but this one is mines....love me sum kc

KC AND THE SUNSHINE BAND LYRICS
"Please Don't Go"

I love you
Yeah

Babe, I love you so
I want you to know
That I'm gonna miss your love
The minute you walk out that door

So please don't go
Don't go
Don't go away
Please don't go
Don't go
I'm begging you to stay

If you leave, at least in my lifetime
I've had one dream come true
I was blessed to be loved
By someone as wonderful as you

So please don't go
Don't go
Don't go away
Please don't go
Don't go
I'm begging you to stay
Hey, hey, hey

Yeah

Babe, I love you so
I, I want you to know
That I'm gonna miss your love
The minute you walk out that door

So please don't go
Don't go
Don't go away
Hey, hey, hey

I need your love
I'm down on my knees
Beggin' please, please, please
Don't go
Don't you hear me, baby?
Don't leave me now
Oh, no, no, no, no
Please don't go
I want you to know
That I, I, I love you so

Please don't leave me, baby
Please don't go

Update: October 19, 2014.
All great songs each of you shared.Loving you in the og version by the late Minnie Ripperton just brings me to tears. Check it out.:)

- Asked by dblchocgrl07, Female, 36-45, Artist / Musician / Writer
Recipes & Food / 1 day ago Back To Top

Why do my neighbor and I have different magazines? She has completely different recipes too!

My neighbor made some really delicious beef barley soup (from your october 2014 issue). She told me where she got the recipe from said issue so I was all excited because I, too, am a subscriber. She told me exactly what page it was on...but then we realized that our magazines were completely different! WE compared our Nov 2014 magazines, and they, too, were different (articles, recipes, everything). Is there a reason for this? The only thing we can figure out is that she gets a discount on her subscription and her magazine was MUCH smaller (she had 196 pages in hers & I have 239 in mine). What's the deal? This is very strange!

- Asked by beaglemomma12, A Budget-minded, Female, 36-45, Teaching

Can you figure out my step kids are acting this way?

My step kids except for my step son who is 10 are having a fit at their dad because he scheduled to go to parent teacher conferences. Both girls ages 12 and 14 are doing well in school so it is not fear of him finding things out. We went last spring and gave each of them a small gift to say good job for all your hard work?? The oldest said well I had a problem with it last year but I didn't know you were going.

They keep saying and so does the ex wife that you have to understand that he never attended these before and now he is??? Ok first off he was in the military the last 16 years and deployed alot and also when he was home he worked nights and his ex wife would go and report back His ex wife said you can see their point as they just don't understand why now he is...this is a father that when in town work nights and went home got them breakfast, drove them all to school laid down for 3 hours got back up picked them all back up and then brought them home got them dinner and tried to get a bit more sleep before having to get back to work himself. This was when he was married and when they were separated, he did this because their mom leaves for work before the kids go to school and is not back home until after dinner time. But no he is not involved with his kids because he didn't go to conferences or a play or this or that???? The man did have to sleep somewhere or he was out of town...so now that he is with me

He has retired from the Military and is not working nights and thus has more free time to do this now and thus why we are doing all this and going to all their things..why is it they are all issed and not willing to talk to him, they refused to come to his weekend this weekend and they are not letting us pick them up from school like we always have to do because mom can't and dirve them way far from where we live to drop them off at their moms..

Their mom just texted saying that they will not be wanting their father to pick them up tromorrow either..not sure they want to see him all week..really all because he is going to parent teacher conferences which he will not back down and not go because they throw a fit but why are they being like this....

- Asked by honestycounts, Female, 36-45, Political / Government