Thank you for your many years of support. We want to share the news with you that after much consideration, will cease operations in its present format on October 15th. We appreciate your meaningful contributions over the years.
Back to Active Questions

If a guy texts you out of the blue "I'm sitting right where I met you"
Random & Fun / 10:39 PM - Wednesday December 04, 2013

Is it "okay" to appreciate that he was thinking of me, when I "know" it means he's thinking "it's just what I do and I'm sure another girl here will interest me"

It's a baited hook. Don't bite. Translated that means you don't respond to that kind of thing unless you are actually in a long term relationship with the person or dating them exclusively.
If he is not one of those two...ignore it. This is a way to keep some gal on the hook/line. It's also grooming behavior, something players do to make sure they have potential sex partners on the line at all times.

- Response by joybird, Female, Who Cares?, Therapist

Guys like to keep women on a string. He is making you think of him and is doing in a sentimental way which women are suckers for!

- Response by starseedwarrior, Female, 46-55

You are just plain over-thinking everything.

Just be flattered and be done with it.

- Response by randyl, Female, Who Cares?, Technical

I agree with the other three responders..this is something a long term BF or Husband should say..not a infrequent person in your life..Smile and be is good for the ego but don't take the bait so they say..some guys need to know they have back up or a girl in the wings. Say "Who's Next" and delete. ;.]

- Response by cjs1991, Female, 46-55, Teaching

His is a very warm gesture to mention that he remembers you and your first meeting.... It says he wants to stay in contact with you.

- Response by carnivaljoe, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older, Retired