Back to Active Questions

Everyone thinks i'm weird...
Weight & Wellness / 5:05 AM - Friday July 26, 2013

Everyone thinks i'm weird...

I feel like I am a nice, kindhearted and simple person. When I am with my husband and my sister I like to talk alot and say all kinds of random things. Moreover when I act or talk like a child, when i'm just being silly in general, they think it's funny. When other people are with us, they make me feel like i'm really stupid or immature by telling me to "shut up" or saying that these things that I do and say are stupid and not ok. It makes me feel like i'm abnormal and don't fit in with people. My husband even says it embarrassing. I don't understand why i'm so strange.

- Asked by Female, 26-28, Vancouver

drop the boring people and hang out with interesting ones, seriously, there is nothing wrong with you, they are the uptight boring ones

- Response by beanielou, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Normies bore me, so you'd get a free ticket into my world.

- Response by ryanthegreatarj, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 26-28, Student

Strange/different is good.
If everyone acted the same, talked the same, this world would be truly a boring place.

- Response by kismet331, Female, 36-45

This world run on millions of different pesonalities and variety is what makes the day interesting. It sounds like you know the particular triggers that bend your family and friends you are mostly around, out of shape. You have two choices:
1) continue to be that way around them and take what they send your way.
2) Modify your behavior while around them, and keep the peace.

It is entirely up to you, no right or wrong either way.

- Response by nysbikergirl, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

...Vancouver huh?....you're Canadian, right??

Well, there you go!

(just kidding)

- Response by nameacarl, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, Who Cares?, Oostende, Self-Employed

Your husband and sister (family) knows you the best. They appreciate your quirkiness and relates to you. Truth be told, people are going to hate you if you talk too much, people are going to hate you if you talk to little. The way of the world...

Having friends that you get along with are the ones that never call you out on it. And for those that do, they are not someone you want to hang around with anyway.

- Response by itellnolies, Female, 46-55

One thing I learned a long time ago was that the people who love me, care about and accept me for who I am are the best people in my life because I am unique, I am me and no one else can be me...that's what I tell myself when/if people don't like the way I behave because I realize that in order for me to be me, I am going to irritate some people, anger others and amuse even more but if I try to be what/who they want me to be, I am changing who I am and why would I want to do that when I was created specifically how I was meant to be...the quirks you have are your signature of who you are and embrace it because no one else was made like you, no one else can be you and no one else has the ability to be YOU =D

- Response by fastball, Female, 36-45, Edmonton, Self-Employed

You're not strange, they are uptight idiots. Find better friends.

- Response by pinkskittles722, Female, 18-21, Fitness

part of being married is you have your spouses back.if people are ok with disrespecting you in front of your husband and HES ok with it the that should be a big red flag for how HE views you and the marriage. they have no problem treating you with no respect because they can see HE doesn't.someone who allows others to treat their spouse with no respect does NOT LOVE YOU. whether or not your behavior is socially correct isn't the issue here. first you need to address the immediate problem here.first you need to open your eyes and realize if your husband really loved you then others would never do this in his presence. time to ditch hubby THEN work on your social issues.

lisa

- Response by u2joshuadesireu, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental