35 years old now! is it horrible that i still haven't gotten married.... or had kids???
Random & Fun / 10:37 PM - Sunday July 14, 2013

is there still hope for me????

- Asked by jojo914, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Happy Birthday! There is always home you just haven't found the right one!

- Response by hulagirl55, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

Still a very young age to me.
It is not horrible, better for you to have your life together and decide on your own time, when you want to marry or have children.
I say you are a very smart person.

- Response by kismet331, Female, 36-45

No. Only you can put that stigma on yourself.

- Response by msadvise, Female, 46-55, Transportation

well...if you want to have your own kids you do need to get started working on that. Otherwise- who cares about all the rest unless you are wanting to get married....

- Response by Female, 29-35

horrible or perfect? I did a lot of living before my first was born and got married at 32. Never stressed about it either, I knew it would come to pass.

- Response by headscratching, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

Hope for the husband. Not so much for the kids.

As my Mom told me when I was only twelve years old: Kids are a double edge sword. They love you like crazy until they turn eighteen and then they thumb their noses at you.

People think that raising the kid is the trial. Not so. After the kid leaves home is when the really serious stuff starts to happen. And, it never, ever ends.

- Response by randyl, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

Happy birthday and just enjoy life there is always hope for the right one to come along.

- Response by pawsbuddy04, Female, 46-55

I am 16 years and counting past your age and unless it is a miracle birth kids won't happen, but someday I might feel like getting married. My horrorscope said I would meet my soul mate on the 19th.....

- Response by kmf1, Female, 46-55, Minneapolis, Who Cares?

No.You are still young enough to get married and have kids.

- Response by size008, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older, New York, Retired

Not particularly. I got married very young and didn't get married again until I was 43. I never had kids and never wanted any. Being married and having kids isn't the be all to end all unless that's what you're looking for, but don't just do it because it's expected of you or you think you should.

- Response by diznykd, Female, 46-55, Lawyer

No, you're beautiful.. you'll be fine..

- Response by playaarrow, A Player, Male, 29-35, Toronto, Science / Engineering

Wouldn't be surprised if that's me in 6 years' time. The thought doesn't worry me unduly: I don't want kids and wanting to get married when you don't have someone realistic in mind you want to marry is putting the cart before the horse. Some friends of mine are in their early 40s and haven't married or had kids either. They have more interesting lives than most of the others the same age or younger who've settled down, so it's nothing to fear.

- Response by tabbycat1, Female, 29-35, London, Internet / New Media

There is SoOo much more to life than marrying and having kids.

- Response by seductivepisces9, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

I got married at 50. I think there is still hope for you.

- Response by frenchkiss49, Female, 56-65, Tampa, Who Cares?

Yes, there is still hope for you as long as you're drawing breath on earth. What do you believe is your reason for why you haven't married of had kids? If that's something you've wanted, what are you doing to meet that guy? What are your standards? You are getting up there in age. But, there are women and men in their 40's and up finding love. And, there are women having children in their 40's.

It's considered a higher risk. But, it's not necessarily true that you'll have a baby with birth defects or Down's just because you're older. And, I don't recommend letting fear make you settle or have kids because of a timetable society sets forth. When you meet the right guy you'll marry.

And, whether you'll have children of your own, adopt, or use a surrogate is up to you and your husband. But, don't give up and just settle for anything. You might find it wasn't worth it and worse than being single with no children in the end.

- Response by thelovedovefor1, Female, 46-55, Atlanta, Who Cares?

Would you think it's horrible that a 30 year old man still lives at home, with no kids?

- Response by A Couch Potato, Male, 29-35

Sure there is, some people, wait til their forties. Call me if you reach 40 and still no prospects...:)

- Response by pepperman46, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55