I did have an abortion when I was 15 years old.
Sex & Intimacy / 6:25 PM - Wednesday May 15, 2013

I had an abortion when I was 15. It was very early, but still, I am not excusing myself. I am sure that you all read about the Abortion Dr. who was sentenced because of the totally repulsive things that he did with late term pregnancies. I cannot feel that when I read about him slicing the baby's spinal chord that I am a murderer too. It was not a late term abortion, but still, it makes me ill. I don't know how to either process this, or forgive myself. I was a coward, because reading all that he did really disturbs me.

- Asked by Female, 36-45, Pittsburgh, Financial / Banking

You have absolutely nothing to feel guilty of. Your experience was totally different from that Doctor's conviction. I don't believe any woman (regardless of age) takes the act of abortion lightly .... It has (had) physical, psychological and emotional ramifications that had to be considered.

No woman wakes up one morning and thinks to herself "I have nothing better to do today. I think I'll stroll down to the clinic and get an abortion."

- Response by ilom, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Halifax, Science / Engineering

You recognize that it was wrong..ask for forgiveness, pray..whatever it is that you do to make peace with yourself and your faith. You're not a coward if you admit that it was wrong and you own up to it, IMO. It's the people who are PROUD of it that are truly sick.

What this doctor did should disturb EVERYONE -if it isn't disturbing to you, then there's something VERY wrong with you.

- Response by jillopo, Female, 29-35, Dusseldorf, Other Profession

You did nothing wrong. You have nothing to be forgiven for. Don't forged, you would be disturbed by that doctors actions refardless

- Response by rumloverreturns, Female, 46-55, Glasgow, Other Profession

You have to forgive yourself. I don't know your religious background, or if you have one, but if you do, pray for forgiveness, and if you're Catholic, go to confession. Some churches have ministries for women who regret their abortions (Rachel's Vineyard is a very common one, you might want to Google it).

Kermit Gosnell's case has brought a lot to light that a lot of people do not want to deal with. The media was very silent throughout the whole thing. There is a reason why Planned Parenthood is so viciously opposed to anyone having any understanding of what abortion really is. It's also why they speak in constant euphemisms.

You can't undo the past, but you can live a better future, and my guess is that you are already doing that.

- Response by jophus, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Artist / Musician / Writer

No need to excuse yourself. You did what you thought was right. I wonder, if the "morning after" pill had been available as an over-the-counter med, you would have gone that route. Suffice to say, age 15 is very young to be a mother.

- Response by betterbird, A Creative, Male, 46-55, San Francisco, Administrative

Sometimes things in life happen that we wish would've happened later in life. Everyone makes decisions for different reasons. You are not a bad person, & in my own opinion, I don't think of you as a "murderer. Things like these are what makes you learn about life.

"One method of destroying a concept is by diluting its meaning. Observe that by ascribing rights to the unborn (the nonliving), the anti-abortionists obliterate the rights of the living."

"Young women need to know that abortion rights and abortion access are not presents bestowed or retracted by powerful men (or women) -- Presidents, Supreme Court justices, legislators, lobbyists -- but freedoms won, as freedom always is, by people struggling on their own behalf."

- Response by christinaa8001, Female, 22-25

Forgive yourself..God will if you ask him. You were 15 and didn't know at the time. Trust me we all have made mistakes. ESPEACIALY me.

- Response by aliciag77, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

in my feeling, abortions are murder..period..whateve r you may say.

- Response by amandasboy, A Father Figure, Male, Who Cares?, Other Profession