Back to Active Questions

People who always complain, do they get more of the same?
Random & Fun / 10:38 AM - Thursday January 31, 2013

I have read in several places that complaining ( about anything) makes life bring you more oportunities to complain.

As I used to complain before, I can see the difference now that I dont . Life is easier, and Im always seing the positive side of life.

My neighbour for instance, always complains that she has to live in our building, because she used to live in a very big house, with luxury, elegant neighbourhood, etc. She sais her apartment is too small for her huge furniture, before she had such a nice place, bla bla bla

Now, she has to move with one of her daughters to a MUCH less elegant neighbourhood, and to a smaller place. So, she will have the chance to complain more.

A woman I know, always complains about her sons behaviour, And they behave worse and worse. So she has the chance to complain more.

Many exaples like these.

Any thoughts?

- Asked by sailormoon, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

People want sympathy and feel they can't do anything about their situation in life. She is lucky her daughter wants her to live with her or she would really have something to complain about. Rosey

- Response by roseytalks, Female, Who Cares?, Tampa, Who Cares?

Yeah my thoughts are people who truly complain get more in life. Haven't you ever heard the expression the squeaky wheel gets the grease? It is a very true statement.

- Response by karla65, Female, 36-45, Boston, Who Cares?

God hates complaining. It shows you are not grateful for what you have. I wish that women you are talking about had a chance to live in her car in December and then see how grateful she would be for any house? These people will never be happy because even in the book, the Secret, it says you attract what you speak about. You talk about misery, you attract misery! I totally beleive that. You have the power to change your whole life if you change your attitude and your words.

- Response by kmf1, Female, 46-55, Minneapolis, Who Cares?

I've observed the opposite to be true. People that complain all the time get more and more respect.

Example 1: I'd never send food back at a restaurant, some people i know send their good back every time we go out to it...result: I just eat what I'm given...and usually like it without much though...they get their meal comped and gift certificates for next time.

Example 2: the first time my brother was dating my sister in law. She was complaining that she was at home with no family for thanksgiving...result my parents bought her a plane ticket so she could spend it with us...her complaining has only elevated over the years. Results she gets more.

Example 3: my friend complained anytime her husband did anything that wasn't work related. Result: he worked that much harder and had more to give her.

Example 4: a girl I know complained about every Xmas gift she got and requested an upgrade. Result: she got nicer gifts.

People can say they don't like complainers...but the proof is in the pudding.

- Response by afirecracker, Female, 29-35