Thank you for your many years of support. We want to share the news with you that after much consideration, will cease operations in its present format on October 15th. We appreciate your meaningful contributions over the years.
Back to Home

Active Questions

I am scared. A person keeps asking me for my pain meds and tells me their friends can handle things.
Random & Fun / 5:22 PM - Monday November 19, 2012

I am scared. A person keeps asking me for my pain meds and tells me their friends can handle things.

This person keeps asking me for my pain meds and implies friends will come to help her, if needed. Has indicated a weapon and states their friends will take care of anybody causing problems. I'm scared!!! Communication has been verbal. A few months ago, I convinced this person to stop showing up at my house and calling me and to communicate by text message. I've tried to set up this person so I could get threats in writing via the text messages, as proof. So far, the person has messaged me asking for meds but has yet to make the threats via text message. I believe this person ACTUALLY DOES have/know people that would either beat the hell out of me, or worse. I have no proof to go to the police. If I go to the police and they question this person, then i'm still scared something bad is going to happen to me. My nerves are shot and I feel like their is no solution. I need advice. THANK YOU.

- Asked by Female, 56-65

Read more about the Rating System

Go to your nearest police station and make a report. Tell the police you have been threatened with bodily harm. Don't try to set anyone up. That will just get you hurt. Go to the police and tell them everything and let them handle it. Period.

- Response by diznykd, Female, 46-55, Lawyer

Rating Received:

Community Rating: Community Star

You should go to the police with the texts that you have and obtain a restraining order. Though you have no proof of threats, you are still being harrassed. If you are reluctant to do this, then at least, change your telephone number.

- Response by nautalady, Female, 66 or older, Pittsburgh, Other Profession

Rating Received:

Oh Beloved, this is way too scary for words. Can you move? Can you get a dog? (go big, that way, you won't be home as much cause you'll be out walking the dog!!). Think about telling your Doctor; it's a safe place to start talking to the professional community. Also, somehow, somewhere you indicated to the person that (a) you can be bullied and (b) you give out your pain meds. How did this person ever find this out, to begin with? That's a vulnerability that must close. Do you have a son or daughter who could move back home for a couple of months till scary-gal gets the message? I encourage you to start THINKING over FEELING. Yes, feeling scared is horrible, but you've made it this far, baby, and life has probably thrown you more curves already than you ever could have anticipated! You've made it this far, so that shows you've got courage and some survival skills. Change the locks on your door, put locks on your windows and start thinking Safety First. Watch the movie "Enough"...she's really creative in the ways she protects herself, and might give you some ideas. Keep it simple, stay strong and take care of Yourself First! Lovingly, gh

- Response by plantpal, Female, 56-65, Vancouver, Self-Employed

Rating Received:

As others have said, go to the police and tell them *everything.* Prescription pain killers are in great demand on the street - the cops WILL take you seriously.

Then find out how to get a restraining order so that this person can't contact you any more. And change your phone number so they can't call or text you anymore. If they show up at your house, don't open the door and call 911 to send a squad car STAT.

Are you able to buy a gun & learn to use it? If so, I would do that, too.

I don't blame you for being scared. Good luck to you.

- Response by justpassingthru, Female, 56-65, Financial / Banking

Rating Received:

Contact Adult Proective Services. They will stop the elderly abuse immediately.

- Response by utahmom, Female, 56-65, Managerial

Rating Received:

U already have enough PROOF to show Cops that person is asking you for meds . You could be held accountable also for giving as u would be classed as a supplier especially if U dont do anything to STOP this..
You risk harming another person. Pain meds in wrong hands are seriously danergous.
This person is not well, not thinking rationally etc. is sick and proberbly threatening others, anyone until they get there supply and fix. All words ,however could come to some violence or harm to you and others too...
I would call the Cops seriously. Protect yourself.

Dont give anymore and STOP creating your own fear. U are letting them fear you ....

Dont hesitiate,, the cops will protect you too.

Youw ould helping the person and in the long run they will thankyou for it. If u DONT concider changing your number and block all comminication contact.

- Response by berri, Female, 46-55, New South Wales, Who Cares?

Rating Received: