Thank you for your many years of support. We want to share the news with you that after much consideration, will cease operations in its present format on October 15th. We appreciate your meaningful contributions over the years.

When a Prepaid phone runs out of minutes does it?
Random & Fun / 12:46 PM - Sunday July 22, 2012

I have been trying to call someone who says that their minutes expire soon. They said that they have one more day to use it before they have to add minutes. I tried to call and the phone rings but no one picks up. My question is: If someone runs out of minutes and you try to call-Do you hear the phone ring or would there be a message saying that the person has run out of minutes? Also, will they still be able to receive texts?

- Asked by cat091, Female, 29-35, Philadelphia, Administrative

Yes, my phone will still get incoming calls, I just can't return the calls!

- Response by kmf1, Female, 46-55, Minneapolis, Who Cares?

As far as I know, it doesn't cost to receive calls or texts. At least around here. So, if I'd ever run out of minutes on my prepaid phone, I think people would still be able to call and text me. But I couldn't send out any text messages or call anyone. Until I add more minutes that is.
I must admit thought, that I'm just guessing here. I have never really tried it. So I wouldn't know what really happens when you run out of minutes. It's just the way it seems logical to me.

- Response by rockhopper, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Zurich, Who Cares?

You dont pay for incoming calls or text so having no minutes should not matter, well that is how it is here...

- Response by rumloverreturns, Female, 46-55, Glasgow, Other Profession

No they would not receive text or calls. Until they add minutes.

- Response by philosopher1, Female, 46-55

I wouldn't think the caller would get a message saying the person had "run out of minutes." I mean - is that really anyone's business except that of the person who owns the phone? It would be like advertising "The person you're trying to call doesn't have any money right now."

- Response by justpassingthru, Female, 56-65, Financial / Banking

When mine is out it goes to voicemail.

- Response by frenchkiss49, Female, 66 or older, Tampa, Who Cares?