When a Prepaid phone runs out of minutes does it?
Random & Fun / 12:46 PM - Sunday July 22, 2012

I have been trying to call someone who says that their minutes expire soon. They said that they have one more day to use it before they have to add minutes. I tried to call and the phone rings but no one picks up. My question is: If someone runs out of minutes and you try to call-Do you hear the phone ring or would there be a message saying that the person has run out of minutes? Also, will they still be able to receive texts?

- Asked by cat091, Female, 29-35, Philadelphia, Administrative

Yes, my phone will still get incoming calls, I just can't return the calls!

- Response by kmf1, Female, 46-55, Minneapolis, Who Cares?

As far as I know, it doesn't cost to receive calls or texts. At least around here. So, if I'd ever run out of minutes on my prepaid phone, I think people would still be able to call and text me. But I couldn't send out any text messages or call anyone. Until I add more minutes that is.
I must admit thought, that I'm just guessing here. I have never really tried it. So I wouldn't know what really happens when you run out of minutes. It's just the way it seems logical to me.

- Response by rockhopper, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Zurich, Who Cares?

You dont pay for incoming calls or text so having no minutes should not matter, well that is how it is here...

- Response by rumloverreturns, Female, 46-55, Glasgow, Other Profession

No they would not receive text or calls. Until they add minutes.

- Response by philosopher1, Female, 46-55

I wouldn't think the caller would get a message saying the person had "run out of minutes." I mean - is that really anyone's business except that of the person who owns the phone? It would be like advertising "The person you're trying to call doesn't have any money right now."

- Response by justpassingthru, Female, 56-65, Financial / Banking

When mine is out it goes to voicemail.

- Response by frenchkiss49, Female, 56-65, Tampa, Who Cares?