Why do men yell and scream at their wives over nothing,little things?
Married Life / 1:35 PM - Tuesday June 26, 2012

My husband yells and gets angry over the smallest things,but then he loves to go hang out in the clubs, sometimes he dont come home until the next morning.

- Asked by stephspen33, Female, 29-35, Retail

He's creating fights with you so he can turn around and justify why he's going out without you. BIG RED FLAG.

- Response by clueless37, Female, 36-45, Celebrity

That's not all men, yours is just an arse!

- Response by psychoticbabe1, Female, 26-28, Other Profession

I think some husbands are insecure and he must feel guilty for going out all the time. Yelling and becoming angry over small things takes the attention off his bad habits i.e going to the clubs till the wee morning. I would suggest talking to him but if he becomes angry over small things then it's likely he will not listen. I hope you are able to do what is best for you and what you want to do. No one deserves to be unhappy. Best of luck.

- Response by junipershea, Female, 29-35, Artist / Musician / Writer

I've been married for 41 years and my husband has never screamed at me! He's been angry, but knows how to express that in a mature, proactive way.

Sounds like your husband has some issues he needs to deal with .. because that's not normal behavior for a grown man.

You might want to let him know that you don't accept that kind of treatment and maybe he'll think twice about doing it. No one deserves to be screamed at.

- Response by mrscleaver16, Female, 66 or older

Uh...

I hate to be the one to share the bad news but " most " husband's aren't like this.

It sounds to me like yours picks fights so he can rationalize spending the night at clubs meeting other women. You appear to be married to a complete asshole, you might want to rethink your relationship because strong marriages aren't built on the rocky foundation yours is on!

- Response by houseworkmakesyaugly, A Mom of Tweens, Female, 36-45

While a lot of responders are most likely right, I'm going to spin it......

Is there something really going on that you haven't told us? Sure, many men have anger issues, but sometimes, some women try to push buttons, or have the most annoying personalites and get off on antagonizing their husbands.

Not "all" men get mad and scream over "little" things. Sometimes some women create drama, ACT like it's no big thing, then sit there and wonder, "what's 'his' problem," just to make it seem like he has issues.

Now don't take this wrong, I'm not saying you're doing this, BUT, a lot of people come on here wearing a manmade halo and leave out information so they look like angels. If I'm wrong, sorry. But if not, then you should knock it off. Then, your husband might WANT to be around......

- Response by wudaddy, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 29-35, Dallas, Law Enforcement

REAL men don't yell and scream. Immature assholes with anger management issues act like that. My sweetie would never go to a club without me and certainly would never stay out all night. My guy is kind, thoughtful, considerate, honest, loyal, and does not cheat or lie.

There are millions of guys exactly like my guy. He is not unique althought obviously he is extremely special to me.

I would encourage you to seek professional counseling to identify WHY you made the choice to marry an asshole and to remain married to him.

- Response by utahmom, Female, 56-65, Managerial

What you are actually describing is a pattern. He picks something that he can overrespond to and demonstrate this by yelling and screaming...this then gives him the excuse to go out and not come home which also means he may be having sex with other people. The pattern is used to make his exit. It's the excuse for his behavior. Don't buy into it. Not all men do this.
Another note about yelling and screaming that applies to both men and women. It's one thing to raise your voice for emphasis but when you get into yelling an screaming you cause the other persons instinctive brain to go into fight or flight response. What this means is that they cease to hear and process the content of what is being said. They shut that part out and begin to attend to the physical for signs of when they need to go into fight or flight. It means the yeller/screamer isn't being heard even though that is their intent..to be heard and acknowledged.

- Response by joybird, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

NOT ALL men do this, but is a power play to get his will done and disrespect for the wife.
This man has anger management and no understand for his wife

- Response by flwoodpecker, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Other Profession

Probably the same reasons why women yell and scream at their husbands over nothing,little things.

- Response by ryanthegreatarj, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 26-28, Student

My fiancé yells and screams at me and puts me down all the time over nothing. I know this isn't normal but I don't understand why he does it

- Response by lisawilderness96, A Single Gal, Female, 29-35