How would you react to your husbands ex wife calling your husband to say happy anniversary?
Married Life / 7:03 PM - Wednesday July 27, 2011

they havent been married for atleast 7 years.why would she call to say that?

Update: July 27, 2011.
We have been married 6 months.i am not mad at her.she call for their anniversary not mine.they have 3 kids 2 of which hate their mom for choosing crack over them and gave them to her mom.she is married to a crack head that she met at AA.she cheated on my husband with her now husband that she is not with I guess he beats her.she is in a half way house 2 hours away from the kids.

- Asked by unbreakablesilence, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

Smile and keep my mouth shut.

If you and your husband are happily married, then what's the big deal? Why stir up drama? If, on the other hand, your husband is regularly meeting his ex, calling her every day, etc., then you've got problems, but the way to deal with that is by confronting or dumping him. Getting mad at her is a waste of time.

- Response by curvysmartgirl, Female, 36-45, Dallas, Artist / Musician / Writer

Wait...is it you and his anniversary, or their old date?? Either way--she's out of line.....she likes to stir the pot. Don't let her.

- Response by bobbysg1rl, Female, 66 or older

I would not be too happy about it, but I wouldn't fault him for her actions. I think a "politically correct" intervention on your part with the ex might be in order...

- Response by msgg, Female, 36-45, Managerial

Why does the ex-wife have his number to begin with? I can see if they have children together, and she calls to talk about the children. I can see if she wished you both a happy anniversary. But, that's some crap starting to wish him happy anniversary for their past marriage that ended in divorce 7 years ago.

Being cordial and friendly is fine for ex's, when they respect the new wife and the new marriage. I'm assuming the husband told the wife about it. Which I would question why when he knows that would probably piss the wife off. It's harmless. But, it was also kind of stupid to do that. She need to get over it and get her own life. That's what I think! I could be wrong. But, I think she did it to get the type of reaction most wives would have had if this happened to their husband!

- Response by thelovedovefor1, Female, 46-55, Atlanta, Who Cares?

I would just think "whatever" she is crazy... no reaction needed.

- Response by melmac, Female, 29-35

Is it your anniversary or theirs? how long have you been married to your husband? did she phone for previous anniversary's? LIfe is not black and white and fair minded folk need more information. just cause he divorced her and married you does not make her extinct, they may be friends, they may have children that compels civilised behaviour... could this be more about how you feel really?

- Response by rumloverreturns, Female, 46-55, Glasgow, Other Profession

For she is STILL trying to keep the gate of hope open!

- Response by kismet331, Female, 36-45

That bitch needs a smack down.

- Response by used2bsane, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Denver, Other Profession

Oh weird.

That's a bit bizarre thing to do of her. As long as he's not in contact with her (unless they have kids and it's cordial) I wouldn't worry. She's a strange woman. Did she wish both of you a happy anniversary? I would call back "Thank you, we sure did. He's such a romantic. Bye"

- Response by Female, Who Cares?

that chick is all up in your grill! you better put some distance between her and your family.

- Response by quikslvr, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Washington, DC, Lawyer

I would react poorly.

And I can't believe you asked this question. You are a woman. You know EXACTLY why she did this.

Since you have him she's mad. So maybe after a few bottles of wine she got the brilliant idea to rattle both of your cages. You know how women love to do shit like that. It's a power trip thing.

But why does she know what YOUR anniversary date is? He told her? That was pretty stupid.

Regardless,your job is to simply ignore her. As should he. So stop worrying about some lonely psycho-bitch looking to make herself feel better by making you feel bad.

- Response by llafsroh, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Boston, Science / Engineering

Maybe she was feeling remorse about her poor decisions. Maybe trying to reconnect or stir up some emotion in your husband. At any it's inappropriate and bizarre for her to do that. Actually, "anniversary" doesn't even apply to their relationship anymore. You mentioned she is an addict. Maybe she was not in a "correct state of mind" when she called him, in which case may not happen again and could be ignored.

However, if it becomes a pattern or it seems like she's trying to reconnect, let your husband know it makes you uncomfortable and your husband should talk to her and have her stop. This will show that your husband is YOUR HUSBAND and supports you.

Good luck.

- Response by glowing, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental

Jealousy. You have what she can't have. I'd still cut a b^^ch for calling! LOL

- Response by tialoca, Female, 36-45, Philadelphia, Medical / Dental

do like i do...dont say anything. the best thing to do is be happy and enjoy. what you have. ive been there with this experience. my ex did the same thing to me....

- Response by campy1, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Retail

hmmm....this could be a bit tricky. ordinarily i would say there is no reason for an ex to be calling, especially if one member of the former relationship is now married, but you mentioned children, you may have to deal with this woman until the last child has reached adulthood.

how did your husband handle this call? if all that you have written about her is true, i.e., the drugs, he may have just ignored it figuring it was just gibberish. i don't know how your husband feels about her, but she is clearly bothering you and that should bother your husband.

right now it seems as if the best thing you can do is have your husband talk to her and set up some boundaries, but please understand boundaries may mean nothing to her and she may continue to antics, especially if she knows she's getting to you.

- Response by darchie, Female, 29-35, Chicago

since my ex and i do not see eye to i, i would hang up on her.
would be a bit upset if she ever called me.

- Response by mobysdick, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

you say "sorry I cannot talk right now... my mouth is full... of your ex-husband".

- Response by sphincterboy, Male, 66 or older, Dhaka, Celebrity

Her three kids had been living with her mother for the past 7 years. It wasn't until you quickly married this unemployed guy that all of her kids are now full time at your place (or at least that was the plan 2 months ago).

Two months ago his ex was also unemployed and she could talk with her kids whenever she wanted to. Now she has to talk with your husband to talk with her kids and she sees he has money to feed three kids (so there might be some extra for her).

You already knew his ex hated you. By taking full custody of this woman's kids you have signed up for a lifetime of having her in your life (or at least for as long as you are married). If it becomes clear that a relationship with your husband is unfair to you and was a mistake you should pull the plug sooner rather than later.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Technical