Advantages and disadvantages of marriage??
Married Life / 6:43 PM - Monday June 13, 2011

Whatcha guys think?

- Asked by girlnextdoor1687, Female, 26-28, Other Profession

advantages - knowing you have a partner who has made a commitment under God and the law to be with you and only you for life. knowing someone will be there through good and bad times. a life time best friend, someone you can trust, someone you can raise family with. I'm sure there's more but i cant think of it off hand.

disadvantages - no commitment to anything above that you would get with been married.

- Response by tleeb, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Dallas, Other Profession

Marriage is the biological union that creates children and joins two families in blood. It is also cultural support for that union and those children.

A good family with both parents and other relatives is important for raising the next generation.

On the other side, if you have no plan for children, then stay single.

- Response by greenwind, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Construction

After years and years of being married, I am not sure I see any advantages or disadvantages. At its best it is a commitment by two people to live together, be civil to one another, share each others bodies for their own pleasure, and enjoy life together.

It can be argued that being married adds nothing to that. It can all happen whether they are married or not. Either party in a marriage can cheat on the other, hide financial business, and be abusive to the other. But exactly the same thing can happen if you are not married and living together.

I don't think that being married makes people suddenly better, nicer, or more committed. On the other hand, if the two people are going to be together, there doesn't appear to be any real reason not to get married. And there might be a few legal advantages of being married. Not to mention the gifts at the wedding of course.

Have a good day.

- Response by welloone, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 66 or older, Retired

Hi I was wondering if we can chat about this issue. I am in a relationship and we are playing house. Would love to write to someone about it.

helena

- Response by odessa75, Female, 26-28, Los Angeles, Financial / Banking