Why do some people need to be the center of attention?
Random & Fun / 9:53 AM - Saturday February 26, 2011

I prefer to work at my own pace and accomplish my goals.
I think that this behavior screams insecurity and that they are unstable.

- Asked by philosopher1, Female, 46-55

Actually, I think people who continually lie about others to pretend that they're victims in the very act of victimizing someone else are the ones who fit the profile of "Drama Queen" to a 'T.' And we know what I'm talking about.

And you managed to get everyone to look at "you" right now, right here, and sympathize with your modest desire NOT to be the center of attention with this question which, btw, actually DID give you quite a bit of attention, didn't it? And just the attention you wanted, too. How cleverly done.

So, given that you did this so cleverly, and that you managed to get the attention you wanted, and since we're assuming you're one of the "good guys," right, we have to say for the sake of being consistent and logical that it's not ALWAYS bad to be "the center of attention"--we just have to want to be the "center of attention" for the right reasons, like making a self righteous announcement about the foibles of others and how you have managed to miraculously and angelically avoid them yourself.

Thank you so much for clarifying this sticky point with such a brilliantly subtle question, in which you achieved the rhetorical effect you wanted so well. You definitely deserve an answerology rhetorical award for this one! :D

- Response by electragold21, Female, 29-35, New York, Teaching

These usualy are insecure people lacking some thing in life.

- Response by frenchkiss49, Female, 56-65, Tampa, Who Cares?

There could be lot's of reason, but the biggest one in my opinion is that they are clueless.

- Response by diglebe2, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed

Good Question - I dont care who is the center of attention and I dont care about "Dog and Pony Shows". I think you are on the right track. Just do your thing and stay out of office politics. You dont belong in that gang. Take pride in what you do. I promise, sooner or later you will receive the recognition that you deserve... Actually, even if you dont you can be proud of being known as being dependable and competent.... -Gulliver

- Response by stick4013, A Creative, Male, 66 or older, Artist / Musician / Writer

Maybe its because that person has a valid viewpoint and can't get 'through'

It could beg the question of why you think they are unsecure and unstable?

- Response by Female, 46-55

'insecure' (typing error)

- Response by Female, 46-55