Would you consider this generation smarter than the last? If yes, why? If not, why not?
Random & Fun / 8:02 PM - Monday January 03, 2011

- Asked by pinknblu, A New Mom, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

"Smarter" in the sense the sum of human knowledge is, almost inevitably and by definition, more than preceding generations, then yes.

Otherwise, probably not.

- Response by jlees, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35

every generation goes through this...thinking the next generations are more stupid. Actually human intelligence remains roughly the same...people just know different things as the world changes. I can't say that everything they know now is useful or important however. It could be that yougins these days know alot of nothing. LOL

- Response by joybird, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Smater - Depends on who you ask
Common Sense - Maybe
Values - NO

And the last two I feel is what matters the most.

- Response by yankmydoodle, A Career Man, Male, 36-45

Yes. Because they know everything I tried to know plus some before even trying or before they were interested in learning.

- Response by kalicalendar16, Female, 29-35

I believe the babies being born now and the babies that were born for the last 15 years for sure, are indigo children..much much smarter, for example,they are born already knowing how to type:)

My daughter always tells me she is smarter than me, and loves to rub it in.........

- Response by jamiesangel777, Female, 46-55, Miami

I think they are smarter when it comes to technology.

I think they are much stupider when it comes to face to face communications. They seem to know nothing about it.

- Response by awsum1, A Life of the Party, Male, Who Cares?, Chicago

Hell naw!! Let's start with attire. Pants sagging down to their ankles knowing & not caring what that represents. Guys sitting around unemployed leeching off the ladies, playing video games all day long. Throw in the females that tolerate such guys & hold on to em like they have a real gem. The music is worse, degrading & negative. The mindset of today is about greed, getting paid & the bottom line, forget the betterment of mankind.... ok done...

- Response by syncaset, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Dallas, Artist / Musician / Writer

Is there a difference between INTELLIGENCE and COMMON SENSE? And, if so, which would you place more value on.

Anything that is never used is USELESS.

- Response by randyl, Female, 46-55, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

How can I answer this? We can measure IQ, I guess. Today's generation probably is more technically savvy. But they also take designer drugs that older folks haven't even heard of.

- Response by mikehug, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Cleveland