Does taking a hot bath when you're sick make you feel better too?
Random & Fun / 12:43 PM - Friday December 17, 2010

I only thought to ask because I'm coming down with the flu. While I was lying in the bathtub I started to doze off and it got me to thinking about all the people who accidentally drowned in their tub. Um, how does this happen? If that terrible pain you get when you accidentally suck water up through your nose doesn't jar you awake it's pretty safe to assume you were on your way out from another cause prior to slipping under the water, isn't it?

Now hurry up and respond to my post or I'll come to your house, cough on you and give you my germies. He He He He!

- Asked by houseworkmakesyaugly, A Mom of Tweens, Female, 36-45

I would think it would help, at least the achy feeling you get throughout your body with the flu.

At hotels they always warn against consuming alcohol before/while using the hot tubs or jacuzzi so maybe most cases where that happens they were passed out cold from the heat.

- Response by melmac, Female, 29-35

Yes, a hot bath makes almost anything better...

Don't fall asleep, we'll miss you if something happened to you!

- Response by sweetnovember, Female, 36-45, Executive

I never understood how adults could drown in the tub either...as soon as you inhale under water your body would go "oh shit! that's not air!" and you would wake up.

Yeah, baths feel great when you're sick... it feels so good to have your entire sicky body submerged in nice, extra-warm, soothing water. Sometimes I like to gently push my feet against the end of the tub to create little currents in the water... ahhh rocked into relaxation.

- Response by surrealoptimism, Female, 29-35

Step back!

Listen Darlin', if you have the sneezy/coughing/phlegm- filled Angel of Death breathing down your neck, I'd prefer you stay away from me.
I don't need that.

A warm bath will make you feel better but I'd avoid a hot bath.
That's just going to raise your temperature.

People who pass-out and drown in their 'tubs have bigger problems than the Flu.

There are some other things involved there such as alcohol and drugs but I will admit that last week, I pulled into the garage -LEFT THE DOOR OPEN- (this part is important) leaned the seat back and napped for 10 minutes in my car, as it was running because those heated seats in the cold....are pure BLISS.

I hope you feel better... FAST.

- Response by jenny12, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

There are few things as relaxing as sitting in nice hot water. There is a jacuzzi in my complex, and I could fall asleep in it with no trouble if I wasn't careful. I always feel like a totally limp noodle when I get out of it.

Flu sucks, particularly over the holidays when there's so much to do. Hope you feel better!

- Response by justpassingthru, Female, 56-65, Financial / Banking

A hot bath will make you feel better. Sorry to hear you're coming down with the flu, here it is almost Christmas, get better soon and I think you just need to rest, people will understand

- Response by hulagirl55, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?