How can I use makeup to help hide acne pockmarks? Primers don't seem to help.
Skin Fixes / 10:01 AM - Saturday December 11, 2010

I have acne pockmarks on my face. Foundation jut seems to make it look worse, even when I use a primer. Is there a product that helps hide pockmarks?

Well a primer is used to set skin before applying a foundation, it blends in clear so it doesn't actually disguise or hide anything on your skin. Foundation can be used to cover marks (if it is buildable), so you can lightly layer in the areas where you want more coverage. But mainly you need a concealer to hide these marks. I would reccommend MAC Studio Fix Concealer, Benefit Erase Paste, or Benefit Boi-ing Concealer. These aren't too expensive compared to much higher end products in department stores, but they can be a tad pricey depending on what you are willing to spend. In the long run though, it is worth it because these are some of the better concealers you'll find. I wouldn't really reccommend a drugstore product only because it sounds like your marks are hard to cover up. But these ones would be best....and if you are following the concealer with a foundation afterward then it should really give you a full coverage!

- Response by Female, 29-35

i don't know what primers you have tried, but i find bare escentuals has a nice one that leaves a silkier and smoother finish (i also really like stila one step primer). i would also suggest applying primer with a sponge, dabbing is on pockmarks as if you were "spackling". you might want to switch foundation textures; i use bare minerals and i find it doesn't accentuate the few pockmarks i have.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Female, 26-28