Can the post office hold your mail without permission? If they did would they not have to inform me?
Random & Fun / 2:34 PM - Saturday November 27, 2010

I have had 3 different friends said they mailed me a holiday card, I have received none. Can the post office hold mail from a particular city? Or at all? I read they could if they thought suspisious...but don't they still have to deliver? (I'm sure if were illegal they would have been at my door)! The 1st mailing was in October 2010 and still nothing. I had my son mail me a blank letter...two weeks ago..and still nothing. These are all from the same city.

Call your post office and speak with the postmaster.It took care of my problem.

- Response by frenchkiss49, Female, 56-65, Tampa, Who Cares?

Call the post master and let him know what is happening...Some mail carriers have been known to dump mail instead of delivering...But someone has to complain first.

- Response by barbb, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

It sounds like the problem is with the city of origin, if all 4 people sent you things from there and they haven't arrived. Go to your local post office, speak to the post master and inform him of the problem. He will initiate an investigation. Seems there is some something amiss at the origin city. The post office won't hold mail on your end unless they have a reason to, and you will be notified. If you're receiving mail from others, then your post office isn't holding mail.

- Response by murphsandy, The Cook, Female, 66 or older, Retired