How can I get rid of the awful smell coming from the metal zipper of a beautiful jacket?
Sex & Intimacy / 4:47 PM - Wednesday October 20, 2010

I stay away from metal zippers because they seem to have a smell that clings to anything that touches it. I love a certain jacket of mine but rarely wear it because I dislike the smell of the metal zipper. Is there any way to get rid of the smell?

???? I have been around many metal zippers in my 50+ years on this planet...and none of them had any smell at all, let alone a bad one. Are you sure your jacket is clean? Or do you perhaps have an allergy to the metal that is causing your unpleasant olfactory reaction?

- Response by justpassingthru, Female, 56-65, Financial / Banking

it's that same smell like money (coins) has.
it is from the metal. you can't do much about it really...sorry

- Response by fondacox, A Single Gal, Female, 36-45

Very easy solution; tell to your lover to avoid metal zipper jacket. If he loves with you he will not put on metal zipper jacket.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Chicago, Who Cares?

Sounds like you have an issue with smelling metal. The only way to get rid if it is....replace anything metal with teflon or whatever that plastic looking ones are made of....

- Response by richard77, A Jock, Male, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

Try rubbing alcohol. If nothing else it will disinfect it.

- Response by Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

take a bar of soap you like the smell of and rub the soap up and down the zipper both sides this will mute if not emliminate the metal mell

- Response by galdeen, Female, 36-45, Administrative