Why do guys act like jerks if you reject them??
Dating / 1:37 AM - Sunday October 17, 2010

I have had an experience with one guy who treated me soo bad just because I "rejected" him. I didn't want to give him my number or hang out with him and he started calling my "gay" (not that I'm against that, it's just that I'm not), and he would bother me at work and just kept "picking" on me! I was shocked at this because I didn't know that guys behaved this way outside of elementary school. I ended up having to confront him with a few choice words (this is out of my character lol) to get him to stop. He said that he didn't know the stuff he was doing affected me... whatever! What's up with this? Why do guys turn into jerks when they're rejected? I am on the quiet side, do men pick up on weak women and target them in this way?

Yeah, I for one have been rejected nearly every time. Not only that, I was one of those kinds of guys that didn't give up after trying once, and would continuously try asking the same girl out multiple times.

See that red stain on the floor? That used to be my heart. A hard lesson, but a lesson learned from all this: At this point, I expect the rejection, and move on with my life when it happens. And, happy ending here, all but one of the women whom I've experienced unrequited love for; we all remain close friends. Heh, I tend to fall for friendships growing into love.

How does all this pontificating help you? By giving you some perspective from someone of the opposite sex and near your age, who was just like that.

That man (or these men) that act so childish after they've been rejected simply have not yet matured enough to handle it. Do what you must to stand up for yourself, and be grateful. I'm willing to bet that you'd rather be dating someone who was able to stand proudly upon his own two feet anyway, if you know what I mean. Like, somebody who was successful in the world.

And remember, if you think that ALL guys have that maturity level, then that's the fate you've doomed yourself into seeing, and therefore, experiencing. Open your mind. The world exists not it black and white, nor in shades of grey. The world exists, the world dreams in colour.

I hope this helps at least somewhat, lol. I'm a bit of a dreamer, so hopefully some of my more abstract things make sense. :-P

- Response by danielmountain59, A Creative, Male, 26-28, Minneapolis, Artist / Musician / Writer

VerY FeW pEOPLE GO THROUGH LIfE wiTHOUT SOME REJECTION. Yes, it hURTS ONES priDE BUT WE MUsT ACCEPT IT, AS a retiree I have had much less rejection .Doug

- Response by duggers, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older

ALL GUYS do not act like this. Only those that are mentally and emotionally challenged. Be glad you did not date him. You think it is bad NOW?

- Response by randyl, Female, 46-55, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

These are men with low self esteem.

- Response by frenchkiss49, Female, 56-65, Tampa, Who Cares?

Yes, in my few blue moons, I have experienced somewhat same results for my rejections.
Personally, I begin to observe, that the so-called guy was a closet feminine, and me not wanting to help him cross over to a full masculine, made his angry(hate) come forth!!!

- Response by kismet331, Female, 36-45

Hi

Well first you have to give these guys some credit. They saw something special in you and actually mustered the nerve to talk to you. This is not an easy task, especially if you are above average in the looks department.

Unfortunately men think that because they like the woman, the woman should like them too. This isn't usually the case and most men, about 97% of them, don't realize that dating is a numbers game in which they will get rejected most of the time. Out of every 10 women asked out about 3 will say yes to the date, 1 out of those 3 will actually keep the date and not cancel at the last minute.

For this reason, men should always talk to girls they like and ask for the phone number. The more numbers he gets the better. When one rejects him, he should promptly excuse himself and move on the next girl. The worst thing he can is linger around the girl that rejected him with hopes that she will come around to seeing what a great guy he really is. Once rejected by a woman, it's FINAL. Men only get ONE CHANCE per woman per life time. Guys please understand this. Move onto the next one when a woman says she does not want to date you. She means it. Remember the motto, No means No? Yeah exactly! Although men do the picking, women do the CHOOSING!

Guys also think of all the time wasted trying to get the woman that said no, to like you romantically. The time you spent talking to some who doesn't like you, you could have spent getting other women's phone numbers and coming that much closer to finding the ONE that really like YOU. She's out there waiting to be found, but not if you waste it with the ones that could care less about you.

I hope this helps guys understand that you, as the woman, have the right to say no to them if you don't want to date them. Furthermore, I hope guys understand that dating is a numbers game. You'll win some, you'll lose most. : )

- Response by falling, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Los Angeles, Teaching

You really asking this? Cause you hurt his ego, so now he is retaliating :)

- Response by A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35, Los Angeles, Student

You bruised or shattered his already fragile ego.

But all men don't act like spoiled brats when a girl isn't open to their advances.

- Response by king313, An Engaged Guy, Male, 29-35, Detroit, Civil Service

b/c there are so many women who don't have a conscious, they don't care who they hurt, they somtimes actually enjoy it.

- Response by annandfam, Female, 46-55

Its how you present yourself is what triggers this from stupid men-either be professional at work or keep your mouth shut because you are coming off that way to them.

- Response by abe11162, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?