My husband is so cranky to me
Married Life / 12:11 PM - Friday October 15, 2010

My husband is so cranky to me

My husband is becoming so cranky, I'll give you an example:

Earlier today I woke up and he was not there. Sometimes he will leave and not tell me where he is going. He could at least wake me up and let me know that he is leaving or leave me a written note. I called him on his cell phone, he was just downstairs. A few minutes later I called again, I wanted to know if he wanted anything to eat. The first thing he said was "Why do you keep calling me up so much?" I then said "never mind" and hung up. A few minutes later I explained all I wanted was to know if you wanted something to eat."

How should I react to this? Try and ignore it? Or should I try talking to him?

Update: October 16, 2010.
I received some pretty nasty comments on this post. Let me explain the situation. Sometimes my husband will leave our house and not even tell me where he is going. I woke up this morning and thought that's what happened, I simply wanted to know where he was. When I first wake up I'm not thinking clearly, I was half asleep and half awake. I then called him and wanted to know if he would like to go out and eat. I asked him early tonight if he was annoyed, his answer was no. I'm sure this situation will be forgotten about soon. I'm sure almost everyone concerned was blowing things out of proportion, making a bigger deal that what it actually was.

- Asked by Female, Who Cares?

You're being annoying. He was just downstairs and you should've just got up and went down if you were really interested in making him something to eat!

- Response by momof4, Female, 36-45, Administrative

Are you serious?! Leave the man alone. No wonder he sneaks off. I'd sneak off, too!

- Response by trawna, Female, 46-55, Toronto, Consulting

You called him on his cell when he was downstairs?

TWICE?

He's not the one with the problem cupcake.

- Response by llafsroh, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Boston, Science / Engineering

Well, he didn't wake you because he thought you may want to sleep in, and he didn't leave you a note because he was just downstairs. He was downstairs doing whatever and he gets an cranky call from his wife, she is all upset about something. Now he is in a bad mood thanks to that phone call when all he wanted to do was allow her to sleep in. Next she is to lazy to haul her ass out of bed that she calls him again! He is already in a bad mood, so he answers the phone appropriately.

In this case, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM HERE. His reactions are expected and normal.

- Response by A Creative, Male, 29-35

Well seeing as he was downstairs why did you not just get out of bed and ask him? My guess is you were annoying him.

- Response by kdtxchic30, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

You need not react. You were getting on his nerves.

- Response by wudaddy, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 29-35, Dallas, Law Enforcement

is it the phone and calls or was that just one example...stress is bad..maybe a good down home talk is needed...people let things get in the way of true feelings...stay positive.

- Response by hwyrider, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Retired

Sweetie, he may hove only been downstairs, but that's no excuse for him treating you like poo. He's supposed to love you, and you don't treat the people you live with so little respect. At the same time, your (to him) constant harassing was getting to him, but his reaction was not called for. Instead, listening to what you wanted and then explaining how he was feeling without the teenage attitude would have resolved the situation with a lot less hurt feelings.

- Response by A Stay-at-Home Mom, Female, 29-35, Halifax

How many years you have been married? and what age you are now? That would answer it all!

- Response by Female, 36-45, Other Profession