After half a year of no contact, would you respond if ex contacts you to say hi?
Dating / 9:11 PM - Tuesday September 21, 2010

after half a year of no contact, would you respond if ex contacts you to say hi?

dated x 2 years. promising relationship that deteriorated due to neglect, at least that's what i think. ended on relatively ok terms, though some harsh things were said at breakup.

i have recovered. i think he has moved on too. no contact since breakup.

would you respond - he contacts me to say hi, with a funny email?

just to be friendly, i would reply. if i don't, may seem i hold a grudge (and i don't), or i hate him (and that's not true either). it may lead to no good, but seems benign enough now.

what do you think?

Only respond if you are 100% certain you are over him. If the relationship ended, it was for a reason. If you respond with hope for something other than friendship, it won't turn out well. I am still in contact with all of my exes; however I didn't respond to anything or initiate any type of contact until I was certain that all feelings for them was gone.
My one exception to this was a nightmare. We got back together for a brief period. The end wasn't pretty. About a year later we resumed contact and have remained friends since. We had both moved on emotionally. If you're sure you have, go for it!

- Response by jess2481, Female, 36-45, Cincinnati, Other Profession

He probably hasn't changed; people usually don't. However, I would be remiss if I told you not to give it another try.

People don't change, but they can change their minds.

- Response by pushkins, Female, 66 or older, Miami, Who Cares?

After a year and a half I might be in the mood for her again :)

- Response by bigcurt, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Pittsburgh, Self-Employed

Well u wont know if u dont reply will u .. No harm in saying hi .. some ppl can just be friends with exs if they are completley over them emotional .. Just maybe he was not ready to settle as uick as u were back then .. now things maybe different.. just be friends for now and see what happens. go slow ,, goodluck.

- Response by berri, Female, 46-55, New South Wales, Who Cares?