Why are SOME men such idiots?
Dating / 7:59 PM - Saturday September 18, 2010

Why are SOME men such idiots?

Why is it so hard to believe some women are ACTUALLY independent. I have had so many guys say, um no they just think they are, but all women really need men in some way or they are just in denial and that in any relationship the man always ends up putting more money in. That is such bs. All my relationships have always been 50/50 and I know I don't need a man, and frankly I am happy as hell without one. Yet according to the idiots I am just in denial LMAO!

Are men just mad that we finally realized we don't need them anymore and are free from their control?!

I am forty-two have always been independent..never had to realize it good for you for knowing that..love Men but I have always planned for taking care..my relationships have never been based on need..only joy of being with Him..Smile!

- Response by cjs1991, Female, 46-55, Teaching

you may not need us but we still make more then you so0o blah.

- Response by j3s5e, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

Let me ask you a questioN.
If you arE inDEpEnDAnT oF me, how do you stisfy your natural desires, I am 92 and looking back, especially on my mIstAkES< You will ChANgE YoUR mIND MANY TIMES BEfOrE YoU reACh mY AgE< many times. You wiLL ALSO COME TO REALISE THAT AT 21 YoU
really know very liTTLE<
TanTO Bela Cosi, Doug J Australia,

- Response by duggers, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older

All of the men (and even the women) I know and hang out with, all love, admire and look up to independent women, so I am not quite sure what idiots you are hanging out with....

In fact the men on here that I know well, even some beyond this site, will praise the independent woman. Of course, they are all grown, mature men. SO maybe the 'idiots' you are referring to, are in the under-legal-drinking age group??

- Response by iowaczechartist, Female, 36-45

ROFL Sounds more like you are trying to sharpen the stone rather than the ax! I don't think you have to defend a position that declares independence. If you are independent more power to you.

In fabricating a long term relationship, the ones that last longest are based on friendship rather than frenzy. Folks of an independent mind don't 'need' each other. They stay together because they 'like' each other. So, it would appear that the energy used to defend your position might offer better rewards in securing the friendship of some like minded partner... making your life more enjoyable, if you are enjoyable minded, of course. What brought this issue up? rek

- Response by rekkonball, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, Retired

Are the men that you are talking to in your age range? Because if that is the case they will change there perspective.
And really in the big picture it does not really matter . If two people come together they work all of that out between them.
Yes we females can take care of our selves. And can do so quite well. But we have nothing to prove. Let those guys think what they want to . And in some ways the truth is they do bring in a higher wage for the most part. They may even be doing the same job and get paid more. It sucks but it is true.

- Response by morningdust, Female, 56-65, Self-Employed

Oh really? Did you build your own house? Did you engineer your car? Did you construct the roads and buildings you go in everyday? No, wait, men did that so STFU.

- Response by A Rebel, Male, 36-45

A relationship should be a shared thing. Who cares who makes the most money I sure don't. When my wife and I were working there were times she bought more money home then I did, it all went in the bank together and the bills were paid. The money is not hers and not mine it's ours. Could be the reason we have lasted so long together.. Anyway have a great night and STOP worrying what other people think..

- Response by oldman52, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Sydney, Retired

Hey -men are still necessary. I mean, who's going to look at my car and keep me from getting ripped off by male mechanics?

You want to be admired for being a "strong & independent woman"? Then how about recognizing male contributions to society as well.

- Response by jillopo, Female, 66 or older, Peshawar, Other Profession

JUST A TEENY WEENY LAST qUESTION,
What sex was the person who made yOUR MOTHER pREGNAnT WITH You.?

U can still be independant and do your own thing hun .. when it comes to sex or mechanical things even a house being built . certain repairs etc electrical,plumbing etc. men are still required in one way or another.
Im an independant women in many ways still I need my man to assist with some things. Has nothing to do with control..
U are not in denial u are not listerening or understanding properly. U will relise when something u need or require a man can do the the job or job is more suitable for a man to do.

- Response by berri, Female, 46-55, New South Wales, Who Cares?

Might be testosterone.
Independent or not, as a general rule, ya'll talk too god damn much. Especially women like you.

- Response by newyorkjoe, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Lawyer

All of your relationships have been 50/50? Oh please... Have you EVER paid ANYTHING on a date?

"Free from their control" is code talk for a woman who tricks a guy into investing in her while deep down inside she has zero intention of feeling any sense of owing him something in return. That isn't achieving equality, it's just lying and using.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Technical

I personally believe many parents "baby" their boys and don't teach them to respect women and to learn to take care of themselves versus relying on let's say a "woman." Also there are many men whom have abandoned their children and therefore "society" raises these men--they learn about catching a booty call and disrespecting women, and certainly not to be a hard worker and good provider. blah blah and so on. Sad. So here is a message to women: Don't baby your boys!!! Otherwise they grow up wanting to marry your likeness!

- Response by blossoming1, Female, 46-55, Seattle, Civil Service

Wow, you sound bitter. Been used by men? :(

Honestly, I see the logic in your reasoning, however, not ALL men are idiots. I'm serious. What you are saying here is what I use to be a firm believer on...until I met men not idiots. Heh..who knew!

- Response by authorgirl, Female, 29-35, Student

it all has to do with pride.

- Response by le_gem735713, Female, 29-35, Miami, Who Cares?

Actually, I have always found independent women quite attractive. I mean women who do NOT need a man for survival; intelligent women, professional women, self-sufficient women. I want a woman to WANT me, not NEED me.

- Response by hearmenow, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Other Profession

I would believe for the same reasons some women are idiots. I do believe a lot of it has to do with what type of man you're dealing with. Control freaks or male chauvinist will always feel this way about women who "they" feel don't need them. Because, to that person it makes them focus on any areas they might feel inadequate about in their lives.

Any person in their right mind know that independence and success, are attainable for both men and women, without the need for each other. Some males have dealt with so many needy, clingy, desperate, women who feel they can't survive or get any amount of success without them; that, they can't deal with a woman that isn't like that. They almost get offended by it. Just don't fool with men that are like that. Mature, confident men will value a woman's contributions and view them as worthy. They will be impressive statements, about their character and intelligence.

They will not think in such archaic ways about "all" women. Nor, will they think that successes or failures of individuals are a direct reflection on their abilities in some way. They will not try to tear those accomplishments down. They will not have an unhealthy mental view of women. And, the same goes for woman. Having the view of a males purpose being to be their "knight in shining armor" who will bring them total happiness and fulfillment, without their contribution to anything, is also an archaic belief.

I do believe men and women need each other as nature intended for them to need each other. I don't think this is a bad thing or representative of either being too strong or too weak. I believe our differences are to be celebrated, appreciated, and understood. This has nothing to do with whether you can obtain success in you life with, or without them. Science and creativity have made it where men and women don't "want" to need each other. And, I don't believe that was necessarily a good thing for humanity. And, now the natural differences we have are used as negative weapons to tear the good things about each other down.

There are many women who can be control freaks too. Women who don't want to allow the man to be a man, without believing it makes them weak and dependent. It's almost offensive to some women that a woman would choose to be a housewife or stay-at-home mom. These type of views are just as annoying. The sooner men and women can stop believing we have to be competitive or in control of the other; the better relationships, families, and this world will be.

Men and women are supposed to be helping each other be the best we both can be, and get to where we'd both like to be. Some people don't have anyone to help them and they get their by themselves. That should be celebrated, not challenged. We shouldn't be competing with each other or challenging each other. We should be assisting one another in any way we can without feeling like this is some sort of step back. Why are we fighting each other like enemies? Can't we just be happy with each others individual successes? I believe mature and confident people of both genders can do this. IMHO

- Response by thelovedovefor1, Female, 46-55, Atlanta, Who Cares?

I guess those particular men haven't taken into account the 20th and 21st centuries.

- Response by myrtletyrtle, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Its more about wanting than needing. Perhaps you are self sufficient but given that you write about this, its obviously a point for you. If it was of no consequence then you would not even mention it. Perhpas several disappointments led you to this point where you simply decided to go alone, rather than risk getting attached again only for it to fall apart.....

- Response by smearpap, A Jock, Male, 29-35

Although I don't agree that men should stereotype ALL women as dependent on men, I believe there are many cases where it is true. The last 2 relationships I have been in, my partner was very much reliant on me. This of course is no a reflection of all women though, because it's only 2 people. Men will go on what they know. We can't help our idiocy (:

- Response by A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 22-25, London