How long does it usually take a guy to be ready to go at it again after he finishes once already?
Sex & Intimacy / 7:48 PM - Monday September 06, 2010

Sometimes my boyfriend finishes before I do, and he's like slow down it takes longer for guys to recover.

Well then it would seem only gentlemanly to help you to come before he does.

- Response by morningdust, Female, 56-65, Self-Employed

I believe the estimate was twice as long as a female would recover... Say you're ready in 15 minutes... Or 5... Well, he would HAVE to have 10 or 30 minutes of rest first... and a sandwich.

Poor little fella probably exhausted himself. A good morning surprise might be okay too. :)

- Response by desota18, A Creative, Male, 22-25, Self-Employed

It varies from man to man I would assume. I mean, my guy can get finish, it get right back on the horse within seconds. The pace slows down a ton though.

- Response by sillysquids2, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

Usually, I'm ready to go again in about 10 minutes -- when I was younger, I could be ready in two minutes. I think the guy should kiss, caress and fondle his woman until he's ready to go again. Too many women assume we're done and want to quit -- far from it.

- Response by sdcfnmcaman, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Dallas, Medical / Dental

You are referring to "refractory period". The time to recover varies with age and of course with each individual. Younger men are usually ready in about 20 minutes. Older usually take longer.
We overcame the problem by having threesomes with another male. While one rests the other can carry on. This results in an evening of pleasure for the Mrs. with no down time for her unless she needs it.

- Response by hnimsoc, A Creative, Male, 56-65, Edmonton, Retired

That all depends on the guy. Some guys it does take a while...others they are ready to go right away. Its just something you have to figure out with your guy...and maybe have him work on holding out until you get yours before he "finishes". Its all about technique and practice. As always though, practice safe sex!

- Response by marymartha, Female, 22-25, Seattle, Who Cares?