Thank you for your many years of support. We want to share the news with you that after much consideration, will cease operations in its present format on October 15th. We appreciate your meaningful contributions over the years.

How to clean discolored (yellow) plastic areas on white appliances?
Home Organizing & Cleaning / 12:05 PM - Friday September 03, 2010

Where the ice/water dispenser is on the fridge door has a yellow discoloration; also the vent on the self-cleaning stove from cleaning. Any suggestions to get rid of the yellow?

Update: September 04, 2010.
Thanks for the suggestion. I never even thought of contacting the manufacturer or the store where I purchased the appliances. Duh... Thought maybe Heloise had an easy suggestion. I'll make a post if I do get any helpful information from the store or manufacturer. Thanks again...

Update: September 03, 2010.
Thanks "Anon" for your tip, but these appliances are only three years old, so to me, they're not old enough to be considered "aged"!

I hope someone answers this, I want to know too!

- Response by catscratch, Female, 46-55, Executive

A lot of white plastics change color (yellows) with age -- it can't be whitened, short of painting it. LOL You might want to ask an appliance store person and see what they say. Good luck.

- Response by The Cook, Female, 66 or older, Retired