Back to Active Questions

How do u deal with nosey people?
Random & Fun / 5:15 PM - Friday August 06, 2010

how do u deal with nosey people?

where i live in the midwest people are nosier then other places i have lived.plus i don't drive due to epilepsy.so when i use public transportation i deal with a bunch of nosey jerks.plus i think the guy that lives next store to me is nosey.people butting in my business on a daily basis is pissing me off.i ignore people but they still keep asking me personal questions.

Update: August 07, 2010.
some made rude comments to me about the question i asked.plus some said on here people are just asking me questions to get to know me.i don't agree strangers asking me about my money situation and other rude questions i have had people ask me on the bus or train is just people being nosey.plus some on public transportation tend to be trashy.

We do this because we're getting to know our neighbors...you never know when you might need them.

- Response by jillopo, Female, 66 or older, Peshawar, Other Profession

*Heavy Sigh...*

That's called "Being Neighborly" baby, not being nosey.

And YOU'RE the one being a jerk for being angry at people who CARE ABOUT YOU.

SHAME on you.

They aren't being nosey. They're just being NICE. THEY CARE. They want to get to KNOW YOU so they can watch OVER you and make you a part of the community but you're such a *excuse me* ROYAL BITCH you won't let them

Fine.

Live in a cave and never speak to another person again.

JUST DON'T YOU DARE COMPLAIN THAT YOU'RE LONELY!!!!!!

- Response by hnygrl, Female, 46-55, Managerial

Ejoy the experience by thinking up foolish answers

- Response by duggers, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older

If you can't fend them off relative strangers (and nosy family, too) politely, or simply ignore them or wait for them to take the hint and stop asking, then you're perfectly justified in making up elaborate lies ... and changing them in very obvious ways each new time so that they know that you're telling stories. Just be entertaining, is all that I would ask.

I like Tina Fey's answers on 30Rock regarding, 'My boyfriend Astronaut Mike Dexter'. Maybe you'll tell such good lies after awhile that you can become a best-selling novelist.

- Response by regnadkcin, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Boston, Artist / Musician / Writer

Just smile and say "I'd rather not share that, but thank you for asking." There's no need to be rude, but you also don't have to answe questions if you don't want to.

(BTW - it's "next door" NOT "next store.")

- Response by justpassingthru, Female, 56-65, Financial / Banking