Thank you for your many years of support. We want to share the news with you that after much consideration, will cease operations in its present format on October 15th. We appreciate your meaningful contributions over the years.
Back to Active Questions

How do you get tomato juice out of a carpet.
Home Organizing & Cleaning / 10:10 AM - Thursday August 05, 2010

how do you get tomato juice out of a carpet.

tomato juice stain in carpet what is the best way to remove it.

- Asked by The Cook, Female, 66 or older

Mix one tablespoon of liquid hand dishwashing detergent with two cups of cool water.  Using a clean white cloth, sponge the stain with the detergent solution.  Blot until the liquid is absorbed.  Repeat Steps 2 and 3 until the stain disappears or is no longer absorbed into the cloth.  If the stain remains, mix one tablespoon of ammonia (Caution: Never mix chlorine bleach and ammonia - the resulting fumes are hazardous) with 1/2 cup of cool water.  Sponge the stain with the ammonia solution.  Blot until the liquid is absorbed.  Sponge with cold water and blot dry.

- Response by ghresearchinstitute1900, A DIY Expert, Female, 46-55, New York

Oxyclean. It actually breaks down the proteins in food. My son spilled an entire glass of red wine on my white carpet. I was so upset! I was surprised when this actually worked. Just be sure to BLOT the stain. Don't scrub it. Keep blotting until it is gone.

- Response by myndseye711, A New Mom, Female, 29-35, Managerial

Buy new and chock it up to experience...

- Response by movi, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Administrative