Back to Active Questions

How do you get tomato juice out of a carpet.
Home Organizing & Cleaning / 10:10 AM - Thursday August 05, 2010

how do you get tomato juice out of a carpet.

tomato juice stain in carpet what is the best way to remove it.

- Asked by The Cook, Female, 66 or older

Mix one tablespoon of liquid hand dishwashing detergent with two cups of cool water.  Using a clean white cloth, sponge the stain with the detergent solution.  Blot until the liquid is absorbed.  Repeat Steps 2 and 3 until the stain disappears or is no longer absorbed into the cloth.  If the stain remains, mix one tablespoon of ammonia (Caution: Never mix chlorine bleach and ammonia - the resulting fumes are hazardous) with 1/2 cup of cool water.  Sponge the stain with the ammonia solution.  Blot until the liquid is absorbed.  Sponge with cold water and blot dry.

- Response by ghresearchinstitute1900, A DIY Expert, Female, 36-45, New York

Oxyclean. It actually breaks down the proteins in food. My son spilled an entire glass of red wine on my white carpet. I was so upset! I was surprised when this actually worked. Just be sure to BLOT the stain. Don't scrub it. Keep blotting until it is gone.

- Response by myndseye711, A New Mom, Female, 29-35

Buy new and chock it up to experience...

- Response by movi, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Administrative