Random bleach spots on clothes after washing them.
Home Organizing & Cleaning / 10:31 AM - Saturday July 24, 2010

Does anyone know what causes random bleach spots on clothes after washing them. Use liquid laundry soap and fabric softner. Don't put either directly on clothes. Never use any kind of bleach. Use a NON Oxy pre-treat periodically on stuborn stains. I've recently ruined a brand new set of towels (never use pre-treat on them) and a new shirt. Help please!

It could be that the towels are the culprit, not your washer or what you're using. I've had towels I've bought at JCPenny get what look like bleach/fade spots/areas discoloration after washing. The only supposed culprit would have been baby powder/cornstarch powder. Same thing has happened to a friend of mine too. The other thing you may want to inquire about is has your water company recently done any changes to the water treatments.

- Response by msadvise, Female, 46-55, Transportation

Could be something in your pipes or even your water supply. I would call your Water Company to ask them about the chlorine they put in it. Maybe they just did some maintenance or something.

Wondered if you had a well where you bleached it to purify it??? We had well water before and used straight bleach when we had bacteria in it.

I would run your washer (empty) on the hottest setting a couple of times to see if that washes it out too.

Good Luck.

- Response by mrscleaver16, Female, 66 or older