Is he scared of getting hurt or is he just playing me?
Dating / 1:20 AM - Wednesday June 23, 2010

There is a guy that I have been dating for a little while. On our first date, he said he wanted to be with me and pursue a relationship. He said he felt a connection with me and never felt this attracted to someone before. Some things happened and we broke it off. Recently, he wanted to try to get back together and he said he wanted me. Then shortly after when I asked him if he was serious about that this time, he said I don't know what I want. He has been divorced for a year and his wife really hurt him and he is scared he will get hurt again. Also, I have been planning to move out of town for a while and he says he is afraid of getting too attached and getting hurt and that I don't need to change my plans for him. What is really going on here?

hi, does not sound like he is sure of himself, and he is actually giving you a way out by saying he does not want you to change your moving plans. He is not ready, do not waste your time, find someone who is ready, life is short.

- Response by Female, 46-55, Administrative

I would be wary if someone said that to me on the first date. He doesn't know you. Sounds like he doesn't like the single life much and his perception of what real love is, is skewed, sounds rather as if he is wanting you to almost take pity on him by saying you don't need to change your plans for him.. a bit manipulative, ooof..

Better to take that move!

- Response by heatherjune123, Female, 56-65, London, Who Cares?