Thank you for your many years of support. We want to share the news with you that after much consideration, will cease operations in its present format on October 15th. We appreciate your meaningful contributions over the years.
Back to Active Questions

How do i get the sunscreen yellow stains out of white t-shirts? Bleach doesn't work.
Home Organizing & Cleaning / 9:54 PM - Monday June 21, 2010

how do i get the sunscreen yellow stains out of white t-shirts? Bleach doesn't work.

yellow stains around the neck area

you can't.. time to replace the shirts..

- Response by smartblond, Female, Who Cares?, Charlotte, Self-Employed

Uh that's not sunscreen, it's sweat. Once it's yellow though, you can try soaking it in bleach, but otherwise it's time to buy a new shirt.

- Response by lioness21, Female, 29-35, Consulting

I've had really good success with bayer aspirin. Just take two or three tablets and mash into a fine powder, mix with water to form a paste and rub on the yellow stains. Let sit for at least 1 hour or more, launder as usual. Amazingly the stains all lifted for me. Good luck. Helen

- Response by sunnysky48, A Stay-at-Home Mom, Female, 46-55, Home Maker

You might try soaking in Oxiclean. It does sometimes work when bleach will not. I had some blue stains from a garment bag once on a pink pant suit and this got them out when I thought it was ruined. Hope this is helpful.

- Response by crafter88, A Budget-minded, Female, 66 or older, Dallas, Retired

Lestoil. Put some on the collar and scrub a bit with a toothbrush and wash.

- Response by doodlebug612, Female, 36-45, Cleveland, Who Cares?