When's the best time to do laundry? Day or night? What's the best way to save energy?
Home Organizing & Cleaning / 12:14 AM - Saturday June 12, 2010

I already use cold water to wash clothes.

- Asked by sexyexotica, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

When the least amount of draw on the energy grid. Evenings in most worlds. And the worst draw is the dryer, so consider air drying as much as possible. Do not overcook your clothes. Hard on the fibers and the bank accounts.

- Response by siouxzen, Female, Who Cares?, Guadalajara, Self-Employed

use warm water saves energy do laundry in the day before 9:00pm turn off what your not using. turn on the air on auto. use dishwasher only when necessary. saves 100 or more on your bill if you don't use dish washer and dish washer but these should help your bill should be cut in half

- Response by Musicloveart, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

If you have an electric dryer, it draws a lot of current. Off-peak hours (like evenings) is best. If it's a gas dryer, it's my understanding that it doesn't matter. Same thing with washing in cold water.

- Response by buffalothighs88, Female, 56-65, Other Profession

Early in the day, and then hang it outside to dry.

- Response by chesterdad, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, San Francisco

My wife and I do the washing at night before bed time hang it out and bring it in about 4 in the afternoon before the cold sets in.. Winter here in Australia..

- Response by oldman52, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Sydney, Retired

Hang it outside to dry, if it is legal in your area.

- Response by jjcabin, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Washington, DC, Technical

Here they say from 8:00pm until 2:00 am, so check a time period in your location.

- Response by kismet331, Female, 36-45

I believe they said to do it during off peak hours like after 7 PM at night

- Response by hulagirl55, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

I've been doing mine as soon as I get home from work in the evening.....warm/cold settings, 2 rinses.....

- Response by richard77, A Jock, Male, Who Cares?, Self-Employed