Back to Active Questions

What is good to eat and drink when you feel low on energy?
Weight & Wellness / 4:12 PM - Tuesday April 13, 2010

Lately I have been feeling really low on energy. I think there may be something going around like a flu or something. Is there anything I should be eating or drinking to make me feel better?

I felt the same way and I never do...I had a bad sinus infection and because of all the new buds on trees my allergies were killing me. That will zap your energy really bad. You could try OTC pills or go to the DR for the good stuff.

- Response by kmf1, Female, 46-55, Minneapolis, Who Cares?

....I can tell you what to eat and SNORT when you're low on energy.......but not what to eat and DRINK.

....except maybe eating some meth and drinking tons of coffeee.....meth works good well you eat it. That's what they tell me anyway.

- Response by nameacarl, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, Who Cares?, Oostende, Self-Employed

Orange juice for a drink and peanut butter & jelly sandwich
will give you protein. if you don't feel better soon, see a doctor. any way you could be pregnant? feel better soon.

- Response by allie112, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

I'd suggest healthy foods and lots of fluids, personally.

- Response by fehkarfight, A Couch Potato, Male, 56-65, Who Cares?

Water.

It sounds too simple to be true, but one of the most common causes of fatigue is simple dehydration. Even if you don't feel thirsty, try increasing the amount of water you're drinking and you'll probably feel better.

If that doesn't help, and your diet is generally healthy... (plenty of fresh vegetables, fruit, and protein) you should see a doctor if this continues.

- Response by piscesrising, Female, Who Cares?, Boston, Internet / New Media

Water; Green tea

- Response by greenexorcist13, Female, 22-25

I would tend to agree with the hydration comment and the healthy foods and multivitamins and even the green tea comments. I like to boost my immune system with reishi mushroom extract and bovine serum colostrum extract. If this continues much longer see your doctor; it could be anemia, low thyroid, etc. Feel better soon!
Kim Crawford,M.D./Anti-Agin g Mind,Body,Skin Care
http://kimcrawfordmd.c om

- Response by doctorkim, An Environmentalist, Female, 56-65, Miami, Medical / Dental