Is it possible to download child/teen porn by accident?
Sex & Intimacy / 8:15 PM - Friday April 09, 2010

is it possible to download child/teen porn by accident?

found some really horrible child porn movies on bf pc just lil clips he says that they were an accident download he didnt know what he was getting untill downloaded????? he was using limewire to find porn, is it ok that im freaking out????

I find it odd that he didn't delete them.

- Response by morningdust, Female, 56-65, Self-Employed

coming from a guy who watches porn... I've never came across child porn 'accidentally'. It's true you don't find out what you're getting until downloaded, but child pronography is a serious crime. It's not all that common I wouldn't think.

Also the fact that he's still got it on there and hasn't deleted them.

cut all links with this guy and report it.

- Response by A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 26-28, Student

you know lime wire is like that i would worry more that he didn't delete them...

- Response by j3s5e, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

I'm sorry baby but I gotta go with the group on this one.

It's not that he downloaded child porn that is disturbing. It's the fact that he didnt' go "oh SHIT!!!!" And delete it with a swiftness.

He still has those clips.

THAT is the Glaringly glaring red flag.

You betta run gal.

- Response by hnygrl, Female, 46-55, Managerial

I actually don't know the answer to that, but you are not wrong for totally freaking out about it. Accidental or not, possession of child porn on his computer could land your boyfriend in jail. He'd better stop whatever the hell he is doing immediately.

- Response by mike1954, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Medical / Dental

I have never got any child porn from lime wire but I have download stuff that wasn't what it said it was. One time I was looking to see if the steve irwin tape was out there so I clicked something on limewire that said it was it but it was some nasty porn of a guy having sex with a girl doggy style while dunking her head in a toilet. Tho I have been redirected to sites that had what appeared to be child porn on them u will not find any child porn vids or pics on my computer.

I can give him the benefit of the doubt that he got them on accident but he didn't keep them on accident so u have a good cause for concern.

- Response by aron77, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Kansas City, Celebrity

As someone who's done my share of free porn downloading, most stuff on sites like limewire has pretty descriptive names (blond whore f***s giant black cock, for example), not everything is so clear. However, I've never *accidentally* run across child porn. And if he'd *accidentally* downloaded it, he would have immediately and intentionally deleted it. I think it's pretty safe to say that the only ones who aren't completely disgusted and horrified by child porn are the ones who enjoy it. So unless he *accidentally* downloaded it five minutes before you found it, I'd run for the hills. And just for good measure, I'd consider reporting him to the police.

- Response by 23rosess, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

I've never accidentally gotten child porn downloaded but I do know that limewire can trip you up if you're not careful about what you're clicking (that's why I stick to YouPorn :D)

THAT SAID...

If he didn't at least delete them right away (if it were me, I would have done some reporting to the authorities) then you should RUN.

Possession of child pornography EVEN IF you are unaware of it is a felony.

- Response by lizarella, Female, 26-28

No accident here. Just not possible. We do Internet sw r/d for over 10 years now so I should know.
What I also know is that child porn is one of the few inexcusable crimes.

- Response by secret999, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Los Angeles, Executive

I was not aware that there was ANY porn available for download, that you DID NOT have to pay for?

And, I like the other posters, would question why he did not delete it. Nobody that did not WANT it, would keep it on their computer. That content is disgusting any normal man would think so too.

You have a problem on your hands.

- Response by randyl, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

I read a article where another guy claimed just that from limewire also but the FBI still arrested him

- Response by bigcurt, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Pittsburgh, Self-Employed

So why didn't he delete it?

- Response by 1racerx, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

Are you sure it's ACTUALLY child porn? Or is it just 18 year olds dressed to look younger?

I've surfed my share of porn and I've never seen children having sex anywhere.

- Response by llafsroh, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Boston, Science / Engineering

WOW! I would be freaking out too. I don't think it is possible to accidentally download stuff like that. I would find out what is going on. He can get arrested for that. Maybe he needs help and is afraid to tell you.

- Response by debski, Female, 36-45, Detroit, Science / Engineering

Cut your guy a little slack. Surfing the 'net is all about curiosity.

- Response by betterbird, A Creative, Male, 46-55, San Francisco, Administrative