Guy likes me first, then completely avoids me? I'm so heartbroken, please tell me what you think!
Dating / 6:58 PM - Thursday April 08, 2010

I met this guy almost four months ago at school, and immediately fell for him, which is VERY unusual for me. I played it cool, and waited for him to make the first move. We got closer through e-mail over Spring break, and I fell for him even harder. He's gorgeous, smart, and such a nice guy. Back for spring quarter we run into each other a couple of times, and he asked if I wanted to get together sometime. I said yes. He told me he would send me an e-mail when his schedule opens up (he's a grad student). It's been a week, and he's still has not written. Today, I saw him noticing me out on the street. He recognized me and immediately turned away to avoid me. He will not even say hi! That was so not cool, and also so hurtful! I realize he must not like me that much, but what is his problem? Should I ignore him too?

Update: April 08, 2010.
Thanks so much for all your input. I guess it's just a matter of time before I get over him. It just hurts so bad, because I really like the guy. I just fell for him. If he does finally e-mail or says something if we run into each other should I mention that I spotted him avoiding me or should I just keep that to myself?

Update: April 08, 2010.
When I said that we grew close, I meant just that we told each other our life stories, and talked about the things that we liked to do for fun, what are the things we would like to do after graduation, that sort of thing. We did ot have sex, or even kissed EVER.

- Asked by Female, 29-35, Student

He doesn't sound like he was ever that interested. You didn't meet at an online dating site but your main form of communication was email, bad sign. I don't think he was sincere when he said "lets get together". Some ppl are just kind of dumb and say things like that as a cliche not thinking that ppl will rely on that. I don't care how busy one is, if they are interested then they can make time to have dinner with someone if they want to see that person. Even if I am wrong and he is interested, his level of interest would be luke warm at best. I'd just forget about him and find someone who won't get your hopes up by saying things he doens't mean.

- Response by aron77, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Kansas City, Celebrity

Yeah, you should ignore him. He's doing the same with you. If he's interested in getting together like he said, he'll initiate the plans for this date. But, from what you've stated, it seems he doesn't mean what he says. I wouldn't even focus on of my time thinking about what he did or why. Just move on.

- Response by thelovedovefor1, Female, 46-55, Atlanta, Who Cares?

I think he probably got involved with, or at least met, someone else, and does not know quite what to do with you now. Don't take it personally that you have not finished in his top 1-5%. It is not a terrible failure on your part, or a terrible insult oh is part.

- Response by unluckyloveatfirstsighter, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Artist / Musician / Writer

Ummm, did you have sex with him? NOTHING runs em off like doing "the deed" too soon. Anyway only you know what really happened over the spring break in which you say that you two grew closer. Be that as it may, I don't think he is all that into you. If I were you would I would try to revert my life to how it was before him and the spring break.

- Response by misssparkle, Female, 29-35, Atlanta, Administrative