What to think when a guy calls you "dude?"
Random & Fun / 11:38 PM - Thursday April 01, 2010

Sometimes, I'll be talking to a guy and he'll call me "dude," honestly, it kind of bugs me because I dont like him thinking of me as a guy? What do guys really mean when they say it?

- Asked by Female, 22-25, Calgary

I correct that immediately. I am no dude. I'm not a dudette either. I like my name used and not the last one...that one's not really mine...it belongs to this man or that....has nothing to do with me. Address me by my first name preceded by Miss is you are a youngin....and by some endearment other than Babe if you are a man. And just by my first name if you are a woman.

- Response by joybird, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

It doesnt bother me, at least they are not being fake or condescending. I am currently speaking to a girl who calls me dude lol.

- Response by Female, Who Cares?

He sees me as his comfortable equal. BUT, there is a time and place for such "slang terms..."

I see that saimply as a compliment, in my own twisted, demented way...LOL

- Response by iowaczechartist, Female, 36-45

It's just an expressiion.If you correct them they call you dud ette.

- Response by frenchkiss49, Female, 56-65, Tampa, Who Cares?

it think its time i show him what i got in my pants

- Response by morena1112, Female, 36-45

that he sees you as one of the guys.my one guy calls me that sometimes but we have sex cuddle and sometimes we are inseparable.he calls me a cool chick he talks to me about everything and i listen.he has asked for more and i said no.but we arent really talking anymore because i supposely broke his heart but anyways so dude could be a good thing you always want to be the friend first anyways.

- Response by unbreakablesilence, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

I prefer a wink and the word sweetheart...not dude!

- Response by cracko14, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?