I am so scared right now can anyone help me?
Random & Fun / 4:08 PM - Saturday March 27, 2010

i am so scared right now can anyone help me?

i did my taxes on friday march 19,,, thats over a week ago, i went to hr Block and they filed electronical and i am supposed to get direct deposit refund into my bank account. its been 8 DAYS AND NOTHING YET,,, does this mean i am getting auditted? i am so scared, electronical taxes should occur instantly so why isnt the refund money in my bank account yet?

- Asked by A New Mom, Female, 56-65

I do my taxes through turbo tax. HRB online, is similar.

Electronic filing, will get your refund within 10-14 days, as opposed to 6-8 weeks by using snail mail.

Relax! I'm sure all is fine, and you will get your refund soon. :)

- Response by mamom04, Female, 56-65, Phoenix

You do not get a refund instantly. Last year, it took about 14 days for me to get mine.

- Response by myndseye711, A New Mom, Female, 29-35

....OMG!!!!!!....YOU DID YOUR TAXES ON....MARCH 19!!!!!?????

OH MY GAWD!!!!.....don't you know?, you NEVER do your taxes on March 19th!

just kidding....hehehe

- Response by nameacarl, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, Who Cares?, Oostende, Self-Employed

WTF? Who told you that "electronic taxes should occur instantly"???? Electronic taxes get *sent to the IRS instantly.* That's all. They still need to look them over and "approve" them and OK your refund. And that's AFTER the 10 ga-zillion tax returns that came in BEFORE yours. Do you really think the IRS was going to instantaneously issue you a refund as soon as your tax return hit their "In Box"???

Also - if you ARE being audited, they notify you. If your tax return has been done correctly, you've got nothing to worry about. My dad was probably audited five different times throughout his life (he had a "home office" deduction which is always a Red Flag) and he never ended up owing a dime.

- Response by justpassingthru, Female, 56-65, Financial / Banking

Electronic is NOT instant. theyre probably running behind at this time of year. And no, auditing would come under separate cover. if you owe back taxes that would be withheld. and a letter of explanation. so quit worrying. that does NOT mean an audit.

- Response by Female, Who Cares?, Chicago

I got mine today it took 14 days for me

- Response by windyday, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

If you're going to get audited, you get a notice. Also, if you were going to get audited, it would take the government a while to figure out that they were going to audit you. They don't receive each person's filing and immediately start poring over it. It's more like they get the filing and it sits around for three weeks and then some federal employee notices it's there. And then they go on break.

- Response by istillhatescrennames, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older