Guys, why do you hate fat girls so much??
Random & Fun / 3:26 PM - Thursday March 18, 2010

Don't you take time to see past our exteriors and realize we are good people? What can we do to make you see that??

You want the honest answer: because they're conditioned to see the outer appearance before they even delve into the inner appearance. It's like the whole idea of the looks attracting a man, but the personality keeps him hooked. Secondly, in that warped mind of theirs fat = unhealthy which equals not a good life partner because your genetics aren't as good as a thinner woman. Yeah it's messed up, but it's the same concept as women wanting the gorgeous well employed man because he's perceived as a good provider. Now, that said, please don't let the shallow folks get you down, the most important aspect that attracts a man is not always the size of woman, but the confidence she has in herself. If you believe yourself to be beautiful then the guys around you who are worth anything will also see that.

- Response by lioness21, Female, 29-35, Consulting

What's the definition of fat? Curvy Girls are cool too.

- Response by lom2009, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55

Guys don't hate fat girls. We just don't give them a chance because looks are what we notice first and foremost. It's the same with women, they notice a man's looks first as well.

- Response by donuthate, A Creative, Male, 18-21, Phoenix, Who Cares?

Some big girls can be hot, its all about personality and attitude. But this isn't just a guy thing so dont pretend it is. The fact is everyone thinks looks are important, everyone is shallow in that way. How many women would date Jason Alexander (George Costanza from Seinfeld) or Chris Farley when he was alive?

- Response by xerxes, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Washington, DC, Lawyer

I like fat girls. They seem more fun and down-to-earth than many of their thinner counterparts. And I like meat on the bones.

- Response by wudaddy, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 29-35, Dallas, Law Enforcement

Guys don't hate anyone because of their size: thin or thick.

They hate it (cannot stand it) when everything said by a woman about it points back to their lack of self esteem and confidence.

Women who make themselves look great (no matter the body type), have a wonderful attitude about life, have fun and are glad to have friends and goals----now THOSE are the women guys want to be with.

There are plenty of men who see skin & bones women and are repulsed, after all "...who wants to make love to someone who resembles a 12 year old boy??!!"
(as told to me by another AO member)

- Response by iowaczechartist, Female, 36-45

Why do you care what other people think of your body? In the end, the only opinion that counts is your own. YOU have to be with YOU 24/7/365. If you like how you are, keep on keeping on. If you don't like how you are, then it's time to make a change or two. =)

- Response by myround3, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

I don't hate fat girls, I respect them.

Beauty beauty of spirit rather than Shape

I am sorry for bad english :)

- Response by q8muslim, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35, Technical

I am sure fat ppl are great; I can't stand them though. I can't stand the way they look. I'm sorry. It makes me ill.

- Response by clueless37, Female, 36-45, Celebrity

We don't hate fat girls....what ever gave you that impression...but I like to use the car whatever....

My friend has a beat up old 72 Ford....it's not much to look at...but on the inside it runs great....gets us back and forth to where we want to go....never breaks down...is easy to work on and is everything you would want in a car....

Except...I'm embarresed for anyone to see me in it....should I be no....but I am....just because it's beat up and has a few miles on it....

When I'm around friends and family I like to have a car that looks good....what's bad is the car that looks good might not be the best for me....the other car is probably better....

But it's just human or mans nature to want to look good....

But trust me....I dont' hate you......

- Response by lab01, A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, St.Louis, Other Profession

In my opinion (which, I believe you just asked for), that vast majority of fat people are fat by choice. Some are a result of health problems beyond their control - but I think they are in the minority.

So my opinion of a fat person is that they choose to be fat. I'm not saying that it's easy to lose weight, but it's possible. Quite simply, if you burn more calories per day than you consume, you will lose weight.

So cut back on your portions, eat healthier food and go for a walk before dinner. It's a choice.

- Response by northerner, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

Nobody EVER believes me when I say this and it frustrates the HELL Out of me!!!

It's not ALL MEN baby.

JUST THE ONES YOU'RE ATTRACTED TO!!!!!!!

Fine. Don't believe me then. But it just happens that the men who reject you are the ones you WANT to ACCEPT you. Why is that? It just may be because you are sadly attracted to men who are sadly ONLY attracted to SKINNY girls.

- Response by hnygrl, Female, 46-55, Managerial

I bet you don't give fat guys the time of day...IJS

- Response by juandontbeg, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed

as long as they keep their cloths on they are ok with me

- Response by bigcurt, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Pittsburgh, Self-Employed