Facebook question: should you delete those people who ignore your facebook emails?
Friendship / 2:17 PM - Saturday February 20, 2010

I have over 100 friends on Facebook. Most are old classmates or former coworkers. Some are friends and acquaintances. I go on Facebook about 3x a week and I can tell who is always on their also because they constantly update their wall or I can see them online. There are a few people that I've written to-either to comment on their wall post, to invite them somewhere, or to actually say hi. These people haven't written me back. And again, I know they've seen my message because they updated their wall or replied to other wall comment posts since. Just not mine.

I have a guy friend that I invited to a concert. He replied with, "Sure, lets go together." I followed up with, "Cool. When do you want to meet?" He never got back to me. So after I went to the concert I wrote, "What happened? I never heard back from you." And he didn't reply. But he's been on FB since. Should I delete him?

I would delete the people who you NEVER want to talk to again in your life. Facebook is meerly an interactive phone book or little black book. Maybe one day you will need to get a hold of them.

- Response by thekissbandit, Female, 29-35

Why would you delete him? He's busy, and can't find time to see you. Probably he is embarrassed. Don't worry about it.

- Response by roaminginsomniac, Female, 46-55, Law Enforcement

I would just leave him on but don't ask him again to some event. People are busy with their own lives and I have people on mine that I haven't chatted with and I send them things but they don't respond in kind either.

- Response by hulagirl55, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

YES....delete him with the quickness!!!!!

- Response by guitarplayer2010, A Creative, Male, 36-45, Artist / Musician / Writer

This is just ridiculous! The more advance we get with technology the further we move from simplicity. Why not just call the people you want to see, or have an engagement with? I am on facebook, and people send me messages all the time. However, I cannot go on there everyday. Sometime it may take days, or weeks before I respond to a question. So I would hate for my family and friends to delete me simply because I didn't have the time to sit down and be on F.B. Just pick up the phone.

- Response by alicjohns9, Female, 46-55, Los Angeles, Financial / Banking