Thank you for your many years of support. We want to share the news with you that after much consideration, will cease operations in its present format on October 15th. We appreciate your meaningful contributions over the years.

What is the best way to obtain an estimated monetary value on an antique tapestry?
Home Organizing & Cleaning / 2:09 AM - Wednesday February 03, 2010

I've tried EBAY and Craig's List, but there hasn't been a similar tapestry to compare. I've googled 'tapesty' and found several tapestry suppliers: I emailed one located in WA state, but they did not respond.

Perhaps I have not been patient enough with my quest. Do you have suggestions?

Update: February 03, 2010.
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. I appreciate it! I've emailed a textile specialist from the Antiques Roadshow. That was an awesome tip!! Happy February to all :)

- Asked by WAPenPal, A Budget-minded, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed

Call antique road show.They give you Ideas.I would e mail all the dealers.If you think it is worth a lot call Southerbys.

- Response by frenchkiss49, Female, 66 or older, Tampa, Who Cares?

An appraisal is going to cost you a little money, but it may be worth it; if the tapestry is worth money you need to make sure you have enough insurance on your homeowner's to cover it in case something happens to it.

- Response by cakelady, Female, 46-55, Denver, Food Service

Take it to someone who does antique appraisals. Primarily in textiles.

- Response by scumpig45, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Las Vegas, Celebrity

Consult a specialist in that field

- Response by duggers, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older