What is the best way to obtain an estimated monetary value on an antique tapestry?
Home Organizing & Cleaning / 2:09 AM - Wednesday February 03, 2010

I've tried EBAY and Craig's List, but there hasn't been a similar tapestry to compare. I've googled 'tapesty' and found several tapestry suppliers: I emailed one located in WA state, but they did not respond.

Perhaps I have not been patient enough with my quest. Do you have suggestions?

Update: February 03, 2010.
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. I appreciate it! I've emailed a textile specialist from the Antiques Roadshow. That was an awesome tip!! Happy February to all :)

- Asked by WAPenPal, A Budget-minded, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed

Call antique road show.They give you Ideas.I would e mail all the dealers.If you think it is worth a lot call Southerbys.

- Response by frenchkiss49, Female, 56-65, Tampa, Who Cares?

An appraisal is going to cost you a little money, but it may be worth it; if the tapestry is worth money you need to make sure you have enough insurance on your homeowner's to cover it in case something happens to it.

- Response by cakelady, Female, 46-55, Denver, Food Service

Take it to someone who does antique appraisals. Primarily in textiles.

- Response by scumpig45, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Las Vegas, Celebrity

Consult a specialist in that field

- Response by duggers, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older