Back to Active Questions

How can I get prescription marijuana living in texas. Is it possible?
Weight & Wellness / 4:31 PM - Wednesday January 20, 2010

I live in chronic pain. I am a Texas resident and I'm wondering if anyonne knows of a way I can recieve presccription marijuana. I know I would qualify, i have had five back surgeries and severe scar tissue on mmy spinal chord. My dr drug tests as most around here do. mainly to make sure the drugs are taken and not sold, but the feds also require them to test for test for illegal use. I am pretty desperate, as marijuana has been the only thing I've been able to use up until I started seeing a pain specialist. Since then i have had to go on disability quit my job adn my pills last maybe 2 hours. This is very important to me. Please help if you can.I am in so much pain. I really think that even if I can go back to work, I can function as a human should be able to.

www.texansformedicalmar ijuana.org/

- Response by newnumbersguy32, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Financial / Banking

How would you feel about moving to Cali?
No "legal" pot here. Ask your Dr about a morphine patch if you are in that much pain.

- Response by singledad281, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Houston, Hospitality

You can't! It's illegal in the state of Texas. My suggestion would be to research homeopathic medicine and look into alternative medicines to help manage your pain.

Also seeing as medicinal marijuana is really not a pain reliever I would seek other alternatives first! THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, is effective at relieving nausea and vomiting. THC is also effective at inducing appetite in some patients. Basically it was meant to help those who are suffering from Cancer, AIDS or other terminal illness.

Marijuana does not relieve the pain of chronic sufferers. Instead it reduces anxiety or control nausea so that the person in pain feels better. Basically you are too damn high to think about your pain anymore.

I would search out natural remedies that have less harmful effects as well as alternative medicines. There are other LEGAL things you can try.

- Response by kdtxchic30, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?