Thank you for your many years of support. We want to share the news with you that after much consideration, will cease operations in its present format on October 15th. We appreciate your meaningful contributions over the years.

I put too much black pepper in my beans. How do I fix it?
Recipes & Food / 4:58 AM - Friday January 01, 2010

- Asked by Snacker39970, A New Mom, Female, 46-55

Not sure unless you can drain them & add more water. Or maybe you could cook more beans without seasoning & mix them together to try and equal them out. Good luck!

- Response by tina5209, A DIY Expert, Female, 36-45, Charlotte, Other Profession

The only way I know how is to double up on the beans.If you out did your self then tripple up.

- Response by frenchkiss49, Female, 66 or older, Tampa, Who Cares?

Put a little sugar in it to tone it down.

- Response by lifestyle, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Houston

Put them in a strainer, Rinse them off with water and start all over again.

- Response by carrie1anne1, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

unfortunately if the pepper is way to overpowered, you may just have to cook more beans to dilute the pepper flavor. however, if you add a very bland veggie (like celery) it sometimes reduces the effectiveness of salt and pepper. unfortunately, i don't think celery goes well with beans....

- Response by pizzatroll, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Science / Engineering

Sometimes, potatoes are used to remove salt from a dish ..not sure if it will work with pepper but it is worth a try. Add some water and simmer a few sliced potatoes in with the beans....don't let them get too soft or you won't be able to get them out

- Response by sexytony617, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Boston, Consulting

add more beans?

- Response by loseing, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?