Thank you for your many years of support. We want to share the news with you that after much consideration, will cease operations in its present format on October 15th. We appreciate your meaningful contributions over the years.

What is an appropriate Christmas gift for someone you just started dating?
Random & Fun / 4:00 PM - Wednesday December 02, 2009

what is an appropriate Christmas gift for someone you just started dating?

Been dating only 3 wks, both only seeing each other. Now is it's Christmas and he keeps talking of getting me some nice gifts. I don't really know his tastes or sizes and I can't really afford much this year. I am really limiting the people I gift to, help!

How about a nice Christmas CD

- Response by seasons4, An Retiree, Female, 46-55, Financial / Banking

If you bake, I bet he would love that. If not, give him some "cash in" cards. One can say "Good for a walk in the park with me", or "Dinner at my place"...or "Back rub" get the idea. No money involved but a great way to show you still want to see him.

- Response by livestolaugh, Female, 56-65, Managerial

If this'll help, don't get me anything more than an inexpensive sweater, 'K?

- Response by joeblow1234, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Whitehorse, Artist / Musician / Writer

If it were me I would just tell him not to get u anything cuz u dont have any or much money to buy him anything,; this way he wont be expecting anything ( and will prob say that was okay and still get u something) then just get him a card and something small, like a box of chocolates, baked cookies, a few lotto tickets in his card, or something like that.

- Response by Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

If he can figure out nice gifts for you but you can't figure out a nice gift for him, then you need to pay more attention in dating.

- Response by jjcabin, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Washington, DC, Technical

It is improper etiquette for you to accept any gift from a gentleman whom you are not engaged.

It is improper etiquette for you to GIVE any gift to a gentleman whom you are not engaged.

Just tell him you would prefer you do not exchange gifts this holiday season.

Or the rule in my house -- if you don't make it -- you can't give it.

- Response by utahmom, Female, 56-65, Managerial

Does he like reading?
Find a good book. It could be something historical, a play, about art, or even a comic book that he loved as a kid.
A book shows you like his intellectual side and it's something he can enjoy for a long time.

- Response by kwyetgurl, A Single Gal, Female, 22-25

If you've been dating for three weeks, it is inappropriate for him to get you a gift. I would tell him just that.

YOU can't afford it, and he will certainly expect something in return. Tell him that you'd rather not exchange. That's what I would do.

- Response by myndseye711, A New Mom, Female, 29-35, Managerial