How do i really know if my dog loves me?
Pets / 10:39 AM - Wednesday December 02, 2009

how do i really know if my dog loves me?

i know, stupid question, but is it love they feel for us, or just loyalty that we interpret as love? do u think my dog knows he was rescued from the spca? i give him everything, and hes a very good dog. he loves to cuddle, which he didn't when i first got him, he loves to go for car rides, etc. i got him when he was 2 1/2 so i hope he knows how much i love him and can see the difference in his life. he was at the spca twice before i got him and i want to make sure he has a great life!

- Asked by nicky711, Female, 36-45

I like to think they do. They are smart enough to know the difference between sitting in a yucky cage or getting to go for rides and run free in the backyard. My dogs are my furry kids and I love them and am pretty sure they love me too! :)

- Response by rexy67, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

He may just be using you.

- Response by catscratch, Female, 46-55, Executive

Go to my profile, About Me Essay and read under the following titles:

Advice from a Cosmic Dog:
Dogs don't cry:
THE STORY OF ADAM & EVE'S PETS:

Watch the video linked below the title "Just A Dog" by Baxter Black:

I offer the following Haiku

I love my master;
thus I perfume myself with
this long-rotten squirrel.

Look in my eyes and deny it.
No human could love you
as much I do

I am your best friend,
now, always, and especially when
you are eating.

Watch the Animal Planet's shows about dogs that heroically gave their all to serve and protect their handlers:
War Dogs of the Pacific
No Dog Left behind
War Dogs of Vietnam

Now tell me your dog does not love and appreciate you.

- Response by cosmicdog0, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Denver, Science / Engineering

Of course dogs feel love. they choose favorites too. I'm definately my dog minnie's favourite person between my s/o and I.

- Response by beanielou, Female, 29-35, Halifax, Who Cares?

Yes....Fur people are people..tooo ! They just don't have voices... Their behaviour shows their appreciation and loyalty.
Actually they have very good memories...and they love attention and affection...Trust me...He knows you love him!!!

- Response by lady4u, The Cook, Female, 56-65, Cincinnati, Who Cares?