Back to Active Questions

I am so not in the christmas mood this year.
Random & Fun / 1:33 AM - Tuesday December 01, 2009

With the recent job loss and a few other things not going right. I just want to skip this whole holiday all together. Normally I volunteer my time, and money, and enjoy the whole season.

I have a kid so I can't really skip this time of year. But I really dont want to get out and do anything.

How can I get out of this slump?

- Asked by thekissbandit, Female, 29-35

My Mom died on Dec 22nd. I may never be in the "Christmas Mood" again. I participate by gifting my family and friends with small things and gestures that show I care, and not by anything big ans showy. I even have a 24" decorated tree instead of the BIG one. With kids, it will probably be tougher as you don't want to "ruin" the season for them. Perhaps this is the year you work to remind your family what the holiday is about instead and create a new tradition. Volunteer your time and spirit to those that are in more hurt than you are...

- Response by siouxzen, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles, Self-Employed

Welcome to my world! Yes, it is truly a sad situation to loose a job, not to mention the financial difficulty associated with it. However, if you want to get out of the slump, may I suggest that you get on your knees and pray tonight. Just pray and tell God (even if you don't believe in one) how you feel, and ask God to set you free from those feelings. Start thanking God for your kid, your life, and whatever else is left of your life. You will be amazed if you continue with this exercise for 3 days.

- Response by int24h, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Alternative Medicine

I would help me 13 year old daughters best friends family. They are losing the home. They have to be out by December 14. I spoke with her mother today and she does not have a place to go with her 3 kids. Broke my heart. I would get them a home.

- Response by T000065115, A New Mom, Female, 56-65

you are not alone in feeling that way :(

- Response by bigcurt, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Pittsburgh, Self-Employed