OMG there's a black mouse in my house ... and it's not Mickey Mouse....
Home Organizing & Cleaning / 9:28 AM - Sunday November 22, 2009

I am sooooo freaking out, I have never been in a house that had a mouse - let alone mine. I don't even live in the country.

does this mean I'd dirty and nasty and I need to clean my house more?

Why do mouse(s) move in? How do I get rid of them, besides mouse traps - I think I'm embarrassed to buy them, I don't want EVERYONE to know I have a mouse. Are there usually more than one or only one? and the husband doesn't even seem to be phased by it. I, on the other hand, is freaking out.

can those friggers be upstairs - in my bedroom also ????

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH, i'm going to go live with my parents until that mouse - mice are gone.

- Asked by msqueenie, Female, 36-45

No, not at all... More than likely you just have one mouse. Best thing for you to get is a mouse trap and put peanut butter on it. We have had 2 in the past year and within two days got rid of them.

- Response by msgg, Female, 36-45, Managerial

It's a mouse gf. Not a viral infection.

Get some mouse traps. Or maybe a cat.

- Response by llafsroh, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Boston, Science / Engineering

My baby brother ( hes 10) has a mouse in his mums house at the minute.he had his friend stay over the night friday night, while his friend was asleep my brother see a mouse run over his friend and across his face while his was asleep an my brother just went " ahhh well" and went to sleep. lol

Mice are genraly ok and are not dirty animals,they come in either because u have food laying around or warmth. if u have hedges or vines growing up the outside of ure house they will climb up them and use ure house as there home. but if u want rid of mickey just buy a couple of traps,call an exterminator or get a cat. =)

- Response by cheekymatt25, A Career Man, Male, 29-35, London, Body Work

Get a plug-in ultrasonic repeller. The mice can't stand the ear-piercing noise and go away.

- Response by stillagoodguy1, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Celebrity

Oh come on.It's not that bad.I used to be deathly afraid of them.In high school I either had to do the genetics of mice or disect an animal.I bought 2 mice and could'nt even look at them without skeving.One got loose and I had no choice but to touch it to put it back in.I feared mom more than the mice.I treated it so bad putting it in the cage that I felt sorry for it.I found they are capable of affection among other things.Mice come in to get out of the cold.

- Response by frenchkiss49, Female, 56-65, Tampa, Who Cares?

It's getting cold outside and they are looking for a warm place to spend the winter...just as we do. Those little critters are a a pest, but it has nothing to do with you cleaning your house. There is noting to be embarrassed about. Get the D-Con and they will die without you having to empty a trap.

- Response by barbb, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

Why's it gotta be about race? Why's it gotta be about black?

- Response by quikslvr, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Washington, DC, Farming

No - your house is not dirty (well, it could be, but mice will move into anywhere it's warm and has food available). Mice will chew through whatever to get at food so if you have anything stored in paper, paperboard, plastic, cardboard, etc., they will get into it. The way I get rid of them is buying those little boxes of poison - they eat it and then leave, looking for water, then die. Men aren't too fazed by rodents - especially small ones, as they are more afriad of us than we are of them. They won't confront you (unless rabid) and will skedaddle if they hear you near. Not likely in your bedroom, unless you bring food in there - that's why we had a "no food" rule for the bedrooms in my house - cuts down on spills, stains, insects, and rodents.

- Response by pamiejune77, A DIY Expert, Female, 56-65, Therapist