Can wallpaper border be applied over existing wallpaper border?
Home Organizing & Cleaning / 8:42 PM - Monday November 02, 2009

I like the wallpaper on my walls but can't stand the border. My guess would be that the border could not be removed without messing up the rest of the wallpaper. So was wondering is I could applied a border over it.

yes you can but use a little sand paper to lightly rough the old border to help with the stick.

- Response by lasttrueromantic, Female, 36-45, Teaching

I would ask some one at Lowes, we put wall paper over existing paper and had problems with it be for

- Response by 1erwynj, Female, 22-25, Artist / Musician / Writer

I am a painting & wallpapering contractor who is qualified to answer your question. Yes you can hang a border over an exsisting border but if you don't want it falling off within hours or days you MUST apply a Vinyl On Vinyl (VOV) adhesive to the back of the new border. You can find this at your local paint supply store.
Simply wetting the new border or sanding the old one will not work and you will have total bonding failure.

- Response by mistyjean, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed