What is a cherry picker?
Random & Fun / 3:17 PM - Saturday October 31, 2009

what is a cherry picker?

if someone calls you a cherry picker, what does that mean? should i be flattered or offended?

- Asked by Female, 29-35, Law Enforcement

It means someone that is picky, but at the same time, look at life with a very rosy view!

- Response by Female, Who Cares?

"Cherry picking" means that you're going for easy things. Like, if you cherry pick at work, you do things that are guaranteed and not risky. Usually it's intended as an insult because cherry pickers are lazy.

- Response by istillhatescreennames, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older

It's a multi tiered insult. The truck called a cherry picker puts someone up on a high level. So calling someone a cherry picker is saying the cherry picker thinks they are better than everyone else.
It also alludes to either picking lovers or friends with little experience or power that they can take advantage of in a narcissistic way.
It also alludes to someone who just expends energy on easy pickings...things that are easy or that they can take from others without doing the work....it's a statement about someone about to con another or who runs frequent cons on others.

- Response by joybird, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Sounds like you are picking on young guys that still are virgins?

- Response by loseing, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

It means only choosing those things that you know you'll succeed at. It also means not taking chances in life.

Remember, we learn more through our mistakes than through our successes.

- Response by bookman, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Seattle, Hospitality

I'm not sure...

to me I automatically assumed it means you're tall...?

I have never heard this phrase.

- Response by greenolive, Female, 26-28, Hospitality

I used to drive a cherry picker which is a type of forklift back in my teens... that's all I know...

- Response by timeforanoverhaul, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed