Back to Active Questions

What is SO bad about playing with Ouija Boards?
Random & Fun / 12:28 PM - Saturday October 31, 2009

I think it's fun to play with a Ouija Board, but my husband and my good friends
have warned me not to get involved in using a Ouija Board. Wait isn't this game just a Milton Bradley board game? What could be so bad about that?

- Asked by suzyscorp, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

the problem with the ouija board is that its commonly known as a board who communicates you with spirits.as in the spirits or souls (or watever) of the dead.so its in a way witch craft.either its black magic or not.people dont want to mess with these boards because its also known as to mess with spirits...but who knows.really just saying this isnt just another MB board game its a game board i shudnt say game.but idk. its a board that communicates you with the dead.

- Response by justenne303, Female, 18-21

well it depends. if you're religious, its supposedly dangerous, because it opens you up to things that are demonic or evil or negative. some people say they do it just for fun. but i don't relish the thought of things haunting me at night. but that's just me.

- Response by butterflyz, Female, 36-45, Student

Its supposeto open the door to bad spirits. I played it as a teen, didnt have a clue what it was. The spirits is said to answer questions or give messages.. I think.

I would never touch one now. Why take a chance? who needs to invite evil spirits into their soul? Not for me. There's enough bad vibes surrounding us.

- Response by dreamspinner, Female, Who Cares?, Chicago

I believe in ghosts and I like to read tarot cards. I never have and never will play with a ouija board. I believe they invite demons and bad spirits into your life. But that's just me.

- Response by makinit40, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed

Demon Possession!

- Response by rafiki910, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, Who Cares?, Boston, Body Work

I've heard from a lot of people I know well and trust about stories when they USE to use the Ouija board. No thanks!

- Response by monicaonthebeach, Female, 29-35, Body Work

It is actually a demonic game used to open you up to communicate with spirits. I've heard horrible stories of people who had encounters with evil after messing with these games. Find something else to play.

- Response by experience101, Female, 56-65, Who Cares?