How come for some men, not talking to their girls for days is completely fine?
Dating / 6:25 AM - Friday October 30, 2009

how come for some men, not talking to their girls for days is completely fine?

they can go for days, even weeks without talking and they're still interested.

us women figure they're not very interested and start to move on, but turns out they are...

why?

- Asked by laylayla, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Women tend to value connection more than men do. Women feel closer when they speak more often to their man, whereas, I don't think men are the same. If they haven't got something specific to say or organise, they don't feel the need to connect just for the sake of it.

- Response by sunset77, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Going weeks without talking is extreme, and no guy should ever think that's a good way to show interest. But I know that earlier in my life, I just sort of assumed that as long as we had plans for later in the week, that was sufficient to show my interest, and that was ok for me, because I still hate making phone calls "just to say hello." I just hate sitting on my couch holding a phone to my ear.

I heard someone say once that men communicate to share information while women communicate to share feelings. That made perfect sense to me.

- Response by mikehug, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Cleveland

And maybe the guy is testing the woman to see if she is going to make an effort in a relationship. If communication is so important, why can't the women make the effort also. You see we men have caught on to the game playing and realize that we can use it to test how much you women really care for us also. So before you go off on men, I must ask you if it is so important, why don't you think you need to make the effort. It speaks volumes about a woman being self centered if she thinks someone should read her mind and realize that although she thinks contact is important, she isn't going to make the first effort to make the contact she supposedly needs. This is 2009, women have fingers and phones.

- Response by juandontbeg, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed

We have better memories.

Why do you need to speak to someone every single day if you're not married?

- Response by llafsroh, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Boston, Science / Engineering