How do I get bleach odor out of my freezer. Can I use it for food or will the smell taint food.
Recipes & Food / 7:48 PM - Monday October 19, 2009

The freezer had some mold in it and I washed it out with bleach and water. Now it smells pretty bad. I am afraid that the food will not be fit to eat. Oh, I am not using it for a freezer but a refrigerator for apples and root vegetables from summer harvest. Please help I am at wits end.

- Asked by Female, 66 or older

Yes, if you can smell the bleach, it will ruin the food. You might have to change the filters, as they have probably absorbed the odor and will just give it back to you forever. Don't think that baking soda will be able to overcome the filters...

- Response by siouxzen, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles, Self-Employed

Try putting a box or two of arm and hammer in there. It should absorb the odor. Good luck!

- Response by carrie1anne1, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Rewash it with baking soda and water and put an open box of baking soda in it .

- Response by barbb, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

Well to remove odour from freezer or fridge, i always chuck in a piece of charcoal or an aubergine.

you can try.

- Response by jqie, A Working Gal, Female, 46-55, Other Profession