I washed my white duvet with a red top and the duvet turned pink. How do I get it white again?
Home Organizing & Cleaning / 9:17 PM - Sunday October 11, 2009

The white queen duvet is 100% cotton, and I want to get the pink dye out and make it white again, without ruining it.

- Asked by A Working Gal, Female, 56-65

put the white shirt in the washer by itself and add bleach and the pink will come out! smiles!

- Response by hutner, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental

The two best ways are to bleach it, or use Rit Dye's color remover.

- Response by buffalothighs88, Female, 56-65, Other Profession

Fill your sink with cold (not hot) water and add to it a quarter cup of Clorox bleach. All the pink in the duvet shall have faded out of the fabric within the half hour.

- Response by thedaimler2006, Female, 56-65, Atlanta, Self-Employed

bleach would be the only way I know to try.

good luck

- Response by lacey07, Female, Who Cares?, Other Profession

Another thing you can try if you don't want to try bleach first, is to buy a box of "Shout" Color Catchers, (providing you havn't put it in the dryer already.) Use the whole box in the wash with the duvet and cold water. Or use a half box, and do this twice. Make sure to put the color catchers in a mesh bag. They work like majic pulling the color from the wash water and absorbing it. After washing they should be bight red.

If you have already dried the Duvet, you may have to finish up with bleach and the Rit dye solution. Also, use a few drops of bluing in the rinse water, not much, just enoughe to brighten up the white.

Once you start using the color catchers, you will notice all of your colors are brighter. Good luck.

- Response by lindawilltry, A DIY Expert, Female, 46-55, Tampa, Fitness