How do I get a toilet not to smell bad anymore?
Weight & Wellness / 8:35 PM - Sunday October 04, 2009

Ive tried everything like scrubing it out puting bleach in there and nothing works, it smells soooo bad.

- Asked by bebekitti, Female, 29-35, Home Maker

Best guess is that the gasket is worn out, cracked, etc. Replace it, or the trap is broken, most likely the gasket, toilets don't smell the shit in them does or the back flow. also the flap gasket may leak allowing the sewer gasket to back flow.

- Response by phoenixbandit, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, Columbus, Law Enforcement

Have you put one of those blue round tablets that deodorize and clean and make the water in the toilet bowl clean in the tank? Also, sprinkle a bit of baking soda in boilet bowl and let set a few hrs. Also, Lysol deodorant spray should be sprayed in bathroom after using toilet. good luck

- Response by dreamspinner, Female, Who Cares?, Chicago

I had this problem with a condo I rented. The bathroom had a smell to it and I thought once I moved in, a good scrubbing with disinfectants and bleach throughout would cure it. Nope.
Come to find out the toilet bowl actually stunk after several cleanings with everything I could think of.

After making sure you've scrubbed and cleaned the entire toilet, inside and outside, around the back and the whole bit, get some of those bleach tablets and pop it in the back tank and continue to flush it and clean it. The smell will go away eventually.

- Response by raynonme, Female, 46-55, Managerial

If you have tried a lot of stuff it may be leaking underneath and causing the floor to rot and stink. Clean porcelain does not stink. You may need to call a plumber to remove the toilet and inspect underneath, repair whatever is damaged or rotted, and then replace it. If you are handy you can do it yourself.

- Response by greenwind, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Construction

eat something that smells better. Your shit stinks girl!!!

hahahahahha

- Response by usarmy24id, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Celebrity

Stop using it! :)

- Response by awsum1, A Life of the Party, Male, Who Cares?, Chicago